New 255/50/20 Paradas

broomco

Replaced the Goodyears at 19,500. Probably could have got 5k more miles out of them, but they were pretty worn and the snow is flying today. Couldn't risk another winter on those tires.

From Discount Tire, got the Yokohama Parada Spec-X 255/50/20. Had them price match onlinetires.com, was right at $800 with tax and including the replacement warranties. Tires look great, can't even tell they are a little larger than the stock 245's. I can tell you just from the 5 mile drive home, they ride MUCH better, almost like driving on a cushion of air compared to the harsh and jolting Goodyears. Corners great, and no pulling/following of the road grooves.

I will report more after some wet road driving today, and maybe even post some pics when the weather clears up.

Updated with pics:

tire1.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire2.jpg

Last edited:
New Yokos

I would love to know where you live and how they perform in the snow. I am in ohio and if your weather is worse than that and you like them in the snow I would like to know. I have Duellers on mine and they DO NOT stop in the snow very well! Hit the brakes and watchem slide. I am really having a tough time deciding between Yokos and Mich and I can't find either tire in stock right now. Thanks for your input.

Last time I checked, tirerack.com will have the Parada Spec-X on 11/21.
At least for 245/50R20. Discounttire.com has the parada now, but at $189 instead of $159 as tirerack.com. However, the former includes road hazard coverage (prorated by thread depth). Parada has been getting great review from everywhere, and that is why it is in short supply based on its price.

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of Parada Spec-X 245/50-20's from TireRack.com myself. The availability date is 11/21 whereas DiscountTire only had an estimated date that was more than 60 days out.

Having researched new tires to death this summer, I was set on getting the Yokohama Paradas.

I would love to know where you live and how they perform in the snow. I am in ohio and if your weather is worse than that and you like them in the snow I would like to know. I have Duellers on mine and they DO NOT stop in the snow very well! Hit the brakes and watchem slide. I am really having a tough time deciding between Yokos and Mich and I can't find either tire in stock right now. Thanks for your input.

I am in Denver. Didn't get enough snow yesterday to test them out, just wet roads. I can tell you they have awesome wet road traction.

BTW, when I called my local Discount last week, they didn't have them in stock. Shipped them from another store, less than 1 week.

not all tire mfg dims are the same

Interesting that the 255s don't protrude out from the rim any more than the harsh riding 245 Goodyear Wrangler HPs. I've noticed this on quite few tire sizes - the measured section width of the Goodyear 245 on a 7.5 inch rim is 10.0 inches while the Parada is quoted at 9.5 for the same rim width - 1/2 (12.5 mm) difference!! The 255 Parada is measured at 10.2 inches. Also - same weight as the 245 Goodyears @ 35 lbs.
The point of this post?? -> Your pictures proove that 255s are a good alternative when going with the Paradas...

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 290
The point of this post?? -> Your pictures proove that 255s are a good alternative when going with the Paradas...

Thanks for bringing this back up. Winter is over for the most part, and I can now whole-heartedly recommend these tires. The are great in wet, slush, snow, and ice. The difference between these and the stock tires is like the difference between fwd and awd - it now feels like an awd vehicle! Could not be happier with them.

Back