Wide angle driver side mirror

images47

I just installed a wide angle driver's side mirror (just the glass and holder) on my US Mazda5. The actual removal/replacement procedure was covered in another post, but I can't find it at the moment. It's simple - tip the mirror up, get your fingers in back of the mirror and snap it out. Once out, you'll see three lego-like attachment points - one in the center that actually holds the mirror, and two others for the up/down and sideways adjustment (power mirrors, not heated). Line all three up again, push hard over the attachment points and it will snap in.

I contacted several Mazda dealers while in Denmark this summer. One was very helpful: Jacobil Roskilde, Ringstedvey 2, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark (011 45) 7080 8664. Ask for Maja (pronounced Maya) in the parts department. You'll probably be ok in English, but I had a fluent Danish speaker helping.... The part number is CC64-69-1G7. Who knows..... maybe a good US dealer might be able to get it. The cost (thanks to the lousy exchange rate) was about $46US plus taxes.

It's nice to be able to see into the usual blind spots....

Did it have a connector for heating?
If so was a hookup available in the housing?

thanks

EDIT: I see that part number CC65-69-1G7 is the one with the heating element.

Last edited:
Back