Siping the Dueler tires

blkcx9

:
Black cx-9 GT
Has anyone thought of siping the Dueller tires? I am thinking about it and would like some input. Discount tire is who I would have do it.

Last edited:
I recently bought an '09 CX-9. After the poor reviews of the duellers, I had all tires siped at Discount for $52. First snow in Denver, CO today. Mixture of ice, slush, and snow. Even trying to drive like an idiot, was able to maintain control in all conditions. Would slide around corners if I floored it, but was able to correct by steering throught it. Slamming on brakes resulted in slight sliding, but able to stop in a reasonable time. Driving like one should in adverse conditions, no problems. Car has 2000 miles on it. I don't know how older tires would respond, but it might be worth spending $52 instead of $800 or more.

I would sipe them with a razor knife right off the rims. Sorry if this post is not constructive, but at 35K I have to replace them because they are down to the wear bar. BTW I do not do burn outs with the tires. I just think they are poorly constructed, material wise.

Back