2006 Mazda2 Wiring Diagram?

Xcapee

Hi all,
I've just purchased a 2006 Mazda2 (Australia). It's the Neo plus factory central locking / power windows.

I want to fit a keyless entry remote (lots of cheap ones on eBay etc), but I need a wiring diagram.

Removing the driver's side door lining, I found the connector for the door lock actuator. There are 5 wires on a 6 pin block. (Numbers may be reversed.)

1. Red
  2. Red/Black
  3. [gap]
  4. Orange
  5. White/Black
  6. Black

All I have been able to make out so far is that Orange seems to be open cct when unlocked and ground when locked, and White/Black seems to be open cct when locked and ground when unlocked. No idea if these will need a relay or pull down resistor.

I haven't yet located the central locking unit, or another convenient place to get 12V supply with ignition off.

Anyone have a wiring diagram, or can shed light on the central locking circuit in general?

Any help appreciated.

Further investigation today...

By removing the front passenger door lining, I found it has only two actuator wires, the top two, Red & Red Black. It seems reasonable to assume that is their function on the driver's door too.

I also measured voltage at the Orange & White/Black wires. These are either at ground or ~2.5V at rest, and opposite state (see above). Grounding either wire will not cause them to change state - nothing happens. There doesn't appear to be a simple switch activated by the key or lock. My guess is that the back EMF from the actuator is sensed by the Central Locking Unit which then generates the appropriate pulse on the actuator drive wires.

I think the Black wire is always ground.

I also found what appears to be the central locking unit up on the right wall of the drivers footwell. Unfortunately I can't see how to remove it easily, and it is very inaccessible. I would love to pull it out and see if I can deduce the circuit. My guess, given by the number of empty pins on the plug that the keyless entry on the higher models would plug in here, so it's frustrating not being able to find a circuit diagram.

Another update.

It turns out the orange and white/black wires are actually negative trigger, but I need to unplug the connector to trigger with ground. Orange to lock, white/black to unlock. Looks like I will need to relay through to the door actuator so that it disconnects actuator connector while grounding the wire. (eekdance)

Now (in theory) the only thing left to come up with is where to find a parking light or similar for flash on lock/unlock. That could be tricky (wow)

Of course there's a lot of actual work to do still - this is all just discovery so far.

nice... is complicated without wiring diagram...

i need

rpm signal

thortel signal

air/fuel

and others

(sad2)

Back