Hankook Ventus AS RH07 Tires

blkcx9

:
Black cx-9 GT
Has anyone put these on the 9? I am thinking about these. They seem like they are a good replacement to the Yoko's. I am curious on snow performance on this all season tire.

Wow The 255/50R20s are only about $220 a piece! If I had the money to blow on those tires I think I would not be driving a CX-9.

Wow The 255/50R20s are only about $220 a piece! If I had the money to blow on those tires I think I would not be driving a CX-9.

actually, they are 139.90 from onlinetires.com. I thought about these, but got a good deal on the Paradas from discount tire, should be here this week.

They don't look bad. My money says the Parada will fare better overall. High end Hankook usually doesn't equate to high end Michelin or Yokohama. MSRP on these Hankook tires is ridiculously high.

I'd be more inclined to consider them if they were available in 20" OE, and only at the $150 price point.

I had 17" Hankook iPike RW11 winter tires installed yesterday. I'll report back once we get some snow and let you know how they are. Have a look at the picture to see how they look on some 17" alloys.

Attachments

• DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    901.6 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
That's about what my winter setup is going to look like. Mabye a little less sidewall with the 18's i'll be putting on, but i don't care how my winter tires and wheels look just as long as they keep me out of ditches. I would put on steel wheels if I could find them.

I had 17" Hankook iPike RW11 winter tires installed yesterday. I'll report back once we get some snow and let you know how they are. Have a look at the picture to see how they look on some 17" alloys.

Hey, let me know how those tires are working out for you...I am thinking of getting a set for my cx-9.

I've had the Hankook Ventus on for about 6 months now. I traded the Duellers in with 400 miles on them and the tire shop had the best deal on the Hankooks. I have been really happy with their performance with a variety of conditions and a few long road trips. They are quiet and track really well.

I am not that happy with the performance of the 9 with these in snow though. I came out of an Expedition with Michelin LTXs, and it was a beast in the snow here in New England. Not so with the 9 and the Hankooks. With 6-8 inches of snow recently, the tires broke loose quite a bit and the ABS was pretty active as well. Not a confidence-inspiring ride. Certainly not for my wife.

Given that, I just broke down and ordered a set of Blizzak DM-V1s on 18s from Tire Rack. Awesome delivery time. I ordered them Sunday night, and they were delivered at 3pm Tuesday!

I am putting them on tomorrow, and I expect that the snow performance will improve a bit!

More like improve a LOT. The Ventus is a very dry performance specific tire.

Yeah, if you are going to drive the 9 in deep snow a lot during the winter months, then you really should get a snow tire. If you are a spirited driver, your best bet would be a sport snow tire so you don't lose too much dry performance, and gain considerable snow/ice performance, but still not close to a heavy duty snow tire.

We just replaced our 50K+ Yokohama Parada Spec X with some HANKOOK 20's. Hope they give us good mileage and drivability too!

I replaced my OEM tires with these: 265/50/20 hankook ventus rh06 and so far so good. I noticed better handling on wet road and it has good grips on corners. I got +/- 2000mi on it right now.
jpg_thumb.gif
;
jpg_thumb.gif
;

Last edited:
CX7 used came with new Hankook Ventus tires on it. Put about 60,000 on them and no complaints. I should of replaced before last winter but with AWD they weren't to bad. Since they treated me well I am replacing with same Hankook tires. Paying about $770 for 4 tires installed, oil change and alignment with promo codes.

CX7 used came with new Hankook Ventus tires on it. Put about 60,000 on them and no complaints. I should of replaced before last winter but with AWD they weren't to bad. Since they treated me well I am replacing with same Hankook tires. Paying about $770 for 4 tires installed, oil change and alignment with promo codes.

At 23k miles i had to change my OEM bridgestone due to tread wear and replaced it with Hankook ventus. It was awesome for first few months, no planning, good traction in snow, quite, handled well. I was happy.

But now I would not recommend hankook. Hankook looked good and price point was also good. But i regret it now. about 30k done on hankook, its too noisy after 40 miles and i feel vibrations when in 60+ miles. I used to enjoy my Bose earlier but now I have to let it loud (20+ vol) to over power the tire noise, at high speed the rear passenger could hardly hear anything I say. Have to yell. But the treads look good and 50% more life left.

I dont know if the noise and vibrations are just my problem or if others experienced too.

Also small stones gets stuck in tread and needs constant maintenance of pulling out the stones to keep up the tire in good condition.

Now looking for a good tire to replace which will have less noice in long run and will have a tread life of 40K miles atleast. Any suggestions???

Back