How to Install Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake

KTsuchiya

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, Blk Chry, MS CAI, SU SOFC
This is found almost anywhere on the net, but being that I just installed mine and I don't see it listed in this section, this may benefit you if you decide to get one of these.....

STEPS: (see attachment)

The instructions are identical to the AEM Cold Air Intake, so that's what you see in the PDF. However, some important steps to remember in the install are:

1. You MUST jack the driver side up and take off the wheel. I tried installing without doing this because I didn't have a jack and it was a PAIN in the ASS!! However, all did eventually work. The top part of the stock air box came out great but you will be stressing and reaching inside underneath to get the 2 bolts off the bottom part. So, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

2. Use a little Vaseline to lube the rubber parts for better fitment.

3. DO NOT FORCE MAF SENSOR INTO PLACE! If you do this, it will be a pain to get off in the future.

4. After installation, if car doesn't seem as responsive after test drive, disconnect Negative (-) battery terminal from the car again and put it back on to reset the ECU. Retry test drive and check to see if this fixed it. (Thanks Tunersteve!)

Difficulty = 5, or a 7 if you don't have the tools! (aka. Jack)
Tools = check PDF file
Cost = $150 - thanks to shadesofgray19
“O” Factor = 5

Attachments

• MazdaSpeed 6 CAI.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,883
Back