removing badges

hookah

:
CX-9
the ones want to add one, others want to get rid of them.. ^^

I want to remove the two badges at the back to get a cleaner appearance of my beloved cx9.
are they just applied there with a kind of double-faced adhesive tape or are they mounted with a kind of screw (or anything that requires holes)?

the ones want to add one, others want to get rid of them.. ^^

I want to remove the two badges at the back to get a cleaner appearance of my beloved cx9.
are they just applied there with a kind of double-faced adhesive tape or are they mounted with a kind of screw (or anything that requires holes)?

okay, sorry, found the answer already..

Removing Badges

Try using some thin fishing line. Simpy "saw" through the foam stickum(technical word) that holds them in place. Then use some GoGone to get up the remaining glue.

Buy a 2010. No 'MAZDA' on the back. Just the CX9 and AWD

mmm yeah I'm going to spend another 30K vs spending a few bucks to remove the Mazda :eek: hehehe ;)

When the weather dries up a bit, I'll prob remove all 3. I prefer the clean no badge look.

There are 2 holes behind the "MAZDA" badge. None behind the "CX-9".

mmm yeah I'm going to spend another 30K vs spending a few bucks to remove the Mazda :eek: hehehe ;)

When the weather dries up a bit, I'll prob remove all 3. I prefer the clean no badge look.

You can buy 2 flat hole plugs at a hardware store and paint them to match. Less visible than the holes, and reversible.

So while browsing through the forum I learned how to remove the mazdaspeed badge. Which sounds easy enough. Then saw you can go through the front/hood to remove the front flying M. So...how do you remove the back flying M. Apparently it has pins and is not glued? Will it remove like the front one and once I do that one I should understand how to do the back?

Back