HID conversion

Jfields21

Hey everyone. I am thinking of changing my 08 sport over to HID's. Can anyone recommend a place to get them? Also how hard is it to do this. I have heard they have a plug and play kit. Is this true? Also I am going to have the dealer install the foglights since my sport did not come with them. so I can change the bulbs on those later. Thanks for all the help. Everyone here as been really cool.

Joel

Hey everyone. I am thinking of changing my 08 sport over to HID's. Can anyone recommend a place to get them? Also how hard is it to do this. I have heard they have a plug and play kit. Is this true? Also I am going to have the dealer install the foglights since my sport did not come with them. so I can change the bulbs on those later. Thanks for all the help. Everyone here as been really cool.

Joel

For future reference, HIDs are all basically plug/play, they all come with bulbs, ballasts, and wiring. They connect to your battery, hard wire, and your headlamps, and when you get them you will see exactly what they are meant for before they are installed. I've gotten 3 different sets of HIDs, i've got H3's currently in my Jspec headlamps on my Mazda MX6 - they are 8000k, the color is said to be white/blue, but all manufactureres are different when it comes to the output - because mine look white/purple with a hint of blue. The Kelvin ratings start from 4300k, to 12,000k. The larger the number does not mean more light output - only color. 12,000k is pure purple/almost pink looking sometimes, 10,000k is blue, 8,000k is white/blue/purple, 6,000k is white with a small hint of blue, and finally 4300k is the most white you can get closest to OEM HID's.

When it comes to websites - just point and click, find the company you'd like to order from (I wouldn't recommend Ebay personally, because it's rare you find a dealer who sells them with good info/reliable shipping and warrenty. And warrenty is a large factor in the sale, because though HIDs are made to outlast the life of your car, it's an electronic and it could fail at any time, just like everything else you plug in. I've personally had my lights installed for 2 years, and the ones before that I had for 2 years before I got projector headlamps. So just look for the most reasonable prices, best warrenty, and find out what color best suits your car's personality, and yours.:cool:

Here is where I got my kit from:

http://www.xenonking.com <-- Where I got my sets from, 8000k 2-year warrenty

Let me know if you have any more questions man.

Dizzle

Dizzle, Thanks for the advice. I am sure it will come in handy.

And no I am not the guy who wanted to blind everyone, I just would like to have better lights.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85

Check out DDM, just picked up a HID kit from them for my 07 Accord and it was fairly easy to install. I got the harness but have not installed it yet. I think I might be getting the HID's for the wife's CX-9, but if you do, don't get a 55W, stick to a 35W system and no more than 6000k. Once yet get over 6000k, you really start to blind people, and 55W is just way too strong in my opinion.

Has anyone here used a DDM HID kit on their CX-9?

Back