cleaning the black trim

biglou

Guys

I have silver 09 touring ed. What do you guys use to clean/polish the ext black trim. In the past I have used amourall on my other cars, but that was a while ago. I do use a small amount to clean the int trim. Lately I haven't been happy with that product and wonder if anything else is out there

thanks

11169_FAM

Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Dressing

cleaning black trim

Thanks cx9 sportsowner. Sounds like a low cost solution to a problem. Any particular foam work best? Also have you tried any on the interior plastics? The Grier stuff is pricey.

Looks like a little bit of OCD to me...:) Damn it woman, the glass cleaner goes next to the vinyl dressing not the interior cleaner.

Do you also sort your shirts by the color of the rainbow?????
(lol)

Damn! That's one sano garage brother!! (bowdown)

I wish MY garage looked that clean, but the "other-half" keeps dumping boxes of half filled crap all over the place. A womens catch-all room (bang)

Mother's Back To Black works great. $6.99 and gets the wax residue out while making the black trim look new again.

It's a little more in depth than just going out and buying some stuff off the shelves, but I just wash with regular cash wash first (I use Meguiar's Gold Class car wash), then get some Meguiar's Hyper Dressing diluted to a 2:1 ration and spray it on a microfiber cloth and rub it on the black trim. It makes the trim look amazing!

Back