Clean on the outside, water on the inside

YardDog

:
CX-9 GT FWD
The Mazda CX-9 does not seem to be too water tight.

My 1st leak was with the sun roof, when I would go through a car wash water poured in. Mazda replaced the rubber gasket and it fixed the problem.

The 2nd water leak was actually inside the A/C vent system inside the car. Had water sloshing around and would hit the fan blower when I turned a corner. After a week of putting off the dealer, the A/C fan stopped blowing.

After a week in the shop they said water entered into the A/C vents because I went through a car wash with the A/C mode set on fresh air. They only work around is to make sure your A/C is set to recirculate in a car wash. After a complete dash removal to dry electrical connections and a new fan motor its blowing cold again.

The Mazda CX-9 does not seem to be too water tight.

My 1st leak was with the sun roof, when I would go through a car wash water poured in. Mazda replaced the rubber gasket and it fixed the problem.

The 2nd water leak was actually inside the A/C vent system inside the car. Had water sloshing around and would hit the fan blower when I turned a corner. After a week of putting off the dealer, the A/C fan stopped blowing.

After a week in the shop they said water entered into the A/C vents because I went through a car wash with the A/C mode set on fresh air. They only work around is to make sure your A/C is set to recirculate in a car wash. After a complete dash removal to dry electrical connections and a new fan motor its blowing cold again.

First time I've seen this problem reported anywhere....

After a week in the shop they said water entered into the A/C vents because I went through a car wash with the A/C mode set on fresh air. They only work around is to make sure your A/C is set to recirculate in a car wash.

Funniest thing I have read today. Your dealer is a joke. Complain to Mazda and find a new one.

LOL fresh air setting caused water inside the ducting.. LOL

Maybe they should check to see if your hvac ducting drain is working and not plugged. (thought)

During automobile design process, a new vehicle was subjected to water jets from all angles simultaneously (I can refer you to a video showing how GM Volt is being developed, if interested).
There is no way a simple car wash could have caused the leak by design. Something is not quite right with your CX9. I have taken mine through car wash many times (yes, I have moonroof as well).
No problem.

Small amounts of water come through my sun roof when I run my CX-9 through a high pressure car wash. I just close the shade to keep it from getting into the cabin.

There is no way to say it should get the water in in the car wash.
I recently got same problem with my headlight after driving to car wash.
My dealer has replaced the new one for me.

Small amounts of water come through my sun roof when I run my CX-9 through a high pressure car wash. I just close the shade to keep it from getting into the cabin.

You should get that fixed while under warranty. Mine never has leaked under a few very high pressure washes.

You should get that fixed while under warranty. Mine never has leaked under a few very high pressure washes.

I thought about it, and decided I will have it looked at only if I have to take in for something else. It's a minor leak, and only happens when I take it through a high pressure wash, which is maybe 2-3 times a year.

Back