Rim bubbling and Mazda won't cover-have

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
any of you had this issue and if so, any success in getting this covered by Mazda? Granted I have an 07, but still under warranty, less than 20,000 miles and I only used the stock wheels for 1 season before switching to dedicated winter rims/tires. I am currently at the dealer and they brought out warranty paperwork from Mazda showing they only cover surface metal/body issues.

This is a nice vehicle, but for the very minimal amount we have driven the car it sure has had an abundance of issues. I don't relate these to first year production problems. I still have an antifreeze smell they cannot locate, had surface rust on the tailgate that had to get fixed, aluminum trim issues, bubbling of the rims, etc. I know there is a couple more issues I cannot recall, but this is a garage queen and I am having these issues. I am upset with Mazda and debating on trading this off just because I am upset with Mazda's poor customer service locally as well as corporately. Suggestions?

its a defect of materials/workmanship... nothing to do with perforation

I had 3 of my rims on my 3 repainted, no questions asked... they had to get the district manager to approve it though... one rumored to be a real prick too

I had the same issues with my Toyotas and the rims on the Toyotas had the same manufacturer logo on them.

you mean JWL? that's just a safety mark... every stock rim on any japanese car will have that

look at the BACK of the wheel for the id marks

So far Mazda customer service (lack of) called and said they are still reviewing with the dealer and at this point have not made a decision. They are trying to determine this as "normal wear and tear." I have 20k on an 07, bought new and went through only 1 winter with these tires/rims before I bought a winter set. And the car is always garaged.

Back