AWD Badge

Afsigma21

:
2009 CX9 AWD
So, when we were looking to buy our CX9 we noticed that not all AWD Models have an AWD Badge.

We got the 09 Touring AWD but no badge. Anyone know ? The salesman didnt.

I didn't even know they began putting the AWD badge on the 09's until someone posted a pic of their new '09 and the badge was there. I think it would be kind of weird to have the badge on some and not all, maybe it's only on the GT.

I don't think '09 AWD comes with an "AWD" emblem.
Those that have them were probably put on there by the dealer.
Check all available photos of 2009 CX9 (on eBay, craigslist, yahoo-auto, etc.) Not a single 2009 CX9 AWD has an "AWD" emblem.
2010 model will have it.

Maybe it is one of those "running changes" Mazda has been doing.
In other words, 09 AWD models produced after certain date have the emblems.
As I said before, you can google, check eBay, craigslist, everywhere for auto sales ads of 2009 CX9.
You won't see any one with AWD enblem on the hatch.

If this was true, that means Mazda has a part # of it. People who want OE emblem can ask the dealer to get one (for 07, 08, and early 09 models).

lol...nyc1dxo nice user pic. Wish that was a Cx-9 and not a BMW.

Technically, should the car really get a AWD badge anyway? its not like its full time AWD. How do other car companies handle this?

lol...nyc1dxo nice user pic. Wish that was a Cx-9 and not a BMW.

Technically, should the car really get a AWD badge anyway? its not like its full time AWD. How do other car companies handle this?

The CX-9 is one of the very few AWD vehicles that don't have an AWD badge on the rear. Off the top of my head I can't think of another without the badging.

I think the emblems ('AWD' included) help the salesperson more than us, the customers.

I for one am glad my 08 GT does not have an "AWD" badge on it. The less badge the better in my opinion. Heck if that "CX9" badge and "Mazda" emblem didn't leave a mark, they'd have come off too.

Im glad mine is badgeless as well. I dont need to advertise.

Funny thing, my 08 GT came with tan pinstripes that matched the interior. I peeled em off. The lines are so nice on this car...the less the better.

my 09 CX-9 does have an AWD badge. in fact it also has a dealer sticker/label on the left. Can i take that off without leaving a mark?

my 09 CX-9 does have an AWD badge. in fact it also has a dealer sticker/label on the left. Can i take that off without leaving a mark?

Hmmm. The question is whether the dealer installed that, or Mazda installed it. I always remove dealer logos, unless they want to pay me $100 month for advertising. They quickly agree no badge.

You need to find out if the AWD badge uses pins or is just tape. If it's pins , then you have holes in the metal to plug and paint.

Let us know what you find out.

I did not pay attention at the dealer last weekend, I was not looking closely at the other models.

The dealer I went to had a 50/50 mix of badged and non badged.

My bet is on the running change. CX9s produced after certain date have the AWD badges if they are.
We can estimate the date (month) if everyone who has an 09 AWD check manufacturing date (base of B-pillar) of their CX9s.
If I was correct, the pattern will show up.

Can we have all the 2009 owners post their findings?

manufactured date <> With/Without AWD badge
-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
the AWD badges are only on the 2010s

if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have it, go buy it: TE71-51-781

Got tired of waiting for Mazda to come out with an AWD badge and found 2 used for $12 on eBay. Ran the CX-9 through an auto carwash today and stayed put (for now). We'll see how well the double-sided tape holds up. I think they were from some Toyota model.

Took a few photos, and while I was it it, a few of our his & hers after a little cleaning....

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=664

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=666

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=667

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=665

Last edited:
pics don't work!

Try again....I just replaced them with those in the gallery of this forum, instead of another board.

Try checking out my online photo gallery under my profile also.

Last edited:
oh... you just have a toyota highlander badge... or maybe rav4

I like the slanted look of the OEM badge better

Back