Can a full size tire/wheel fit under the car in place of the 'donut'?

4wardmotion

:
'08 CX-9 Sport AWD
I'm looking to purchase a full size (18") oem wheel to use in place of the temporary spare, but I'm now wondering if the space under the vehicle will accommodate a full size tire, but just as important...will the cable/winch/plate assembly work with the oem tire? I'm just wondering if the center hole is the same size on both the oem wheel and the temp spare....

Has anyone here replaced their temp spare with a full size tire/wheel? If so, should I also be concerned about the wheel contacting the under side of the vehicle? I assume the wheel would be stored with the 'good side' up, no?

Thanks for any help!

I thought the finished side of the wheel would rub against the floor pan and cross-members, but the cavity under there swallowed up the 20" wheel with no rubbing issues, nor any fitment issues with the mufflers, heat shields, or rear suspension. The "issue" was not being able to thread the bracket at the end of the cable through the center of the wheel, which is where I had to get inventive.

I thought the finished side of the wheel would rub against the floor pan and cross-members, but the cavity under there swallowed up the 20" wheel with no rubbing issues, nor any fitment issues with the mufflers, heat shields, or rear suspension. The "issue" was not being able to thread the bracket at the end of the cable through the center of the wheel, which is where I had to get inventive.

Thanks again for the reply! I'll be looking into getting this accomplished very soon.

Back