How to clean seat tracks in second row

kigihowa

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to clean out the seat tracks in the second row? I can't seem to get the rocks and dirt out of there!! My vacuum attachments are too large. Any help?

Tacky Tracks

Along the same lines.

When I bought my CX-9 I left the clear tape that was on top of these two tracks. Recently I noticed it peeling up and decided to finally take the plast ic off.

Big mistake.

The glue stuck to the tracks and now both tracks, both sides are covered with the sticky adhesive glue! Nasty.

I don't wan't to use GooOff because I think it may discolor the black plastic or make even more unsightly. I was thinking I will let it eventually get dried out over time and with shoe wear (rarely gets passengers)

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to clean this plastic?

Try using some tar and bug remover. Works pretty well on removing adhesives without damaging the paint.

I had the same issue. I used GooBeGone in a small area to check first. It worked great and took only a few minutes total. Took the sticky gunk off and did not discolor the plastic. That was a month ago.

I had the same issue. I used GooBeGone in a small area to check first. It worked great and took only a few minutes total. Took the sticky gunk off and did not discolor the plastic. That was a month ago.

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

I have yet to take off that protective strip and I've had the vehicle for 7 months now. I was fearing the same problem you were describing, but also looking to keep them protected until the strip gave out.

(nana)What i don't understand the reason for this sticky tape, when they should've use the plastic that comes on the door trim.i still have all my plastic intact. Knock on wood.

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely be trying the compressed air. As for the sticky tape, mine did not have that on it when I picked it up from the dealership. Here's an idea though that my dad passed down to me to remove bugs and tar that might work for the sticky tape, lighter fluid. I know, but it works better than the bug and tar remover, so it might work for this. Just a suggestion. Also, I do not suggest smoking or having any sort of open flame around when using the lighter fluid!!

Last edited:

Thanks! That worked like a charm!

No discoloration or messy goop.

Finally!

How about the micro vac set Shop Vac sells. I use mine to clean out around the CD slot, the shift boot & any other tiny places that need to be "de-crumbed" (thumb) Haven't had the "9" long enough to need vacuuming in the back.

Residue on Tracks

Along the same lines.

When I bought my CX-9 I left the clear tape that was on top of these two tracks. Recently I noticed it peeling up and decided to finally take the plast ic off.

Big mistake.

The glue stuck to the tracks and now both tracks, both sides are covered with the sticky adhesive glue! Nasty.

I don't wan't to use GooOff because I think it may discolor the black plastic or make even more unsightly. I was thinking I will let it eventually get dried out over time and with shoe wear (rarely gets passengers)

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to clean this plastic?

Go to Home Depot's paint department and buy a small can of acetone. Put a few drops on a rag, and lightly scrub it right off. Simple and very effective. Its much better on adhesive residue than all the "specialty" products.

Go to Home Depot's paint department and buy a small can of acetone. Put a few drops on a rag, and lightly scrub it right off. Simple and very effective. Its much better on adhesive residue than all the "specialty" products.

Actually, the Goop Off worked just perfect.

How to take off the plastic covers on the rear sliders

To bump this thread.. My son vomited in the back seat and it seeped down into the rear seat sliders. Does anyone know how to take the plastic cover off the slider so I can REALLY clean that area?

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely be trying the compressed air. As for the sticky tape, mine did not have that on it when I picked it up from the dealership. Here's an idea though that my dad passed down to me to remove bugs and tar that might work for the sticky tape, lighter fluid. I know, but it works better than the bug and tar remover, so it might work for this. Just a suggestion. Also, I do not suggest smoking or having any sort of open flame around when using the lighter fluid!!

Used to use Lighter Fluid for spit shinning my boots years ago in the Corps. WD-40 will also remove the sticky glue,

Back