Permanently engage the video signal switch associated with the hand brake

SGT_OKINAWA

:
2010 Mazda CX-7
Permanently engage the video signal switch associated with the hand brake?

Not sure how North Americas Mazda 5 is, but here in Japan the Premacy has
a switch/button that when NOT ENGAGED it cuts off the TV/MP4 signal to
the built in navigation / TV display.

Has anyone done a how-to work around to permanently engage the video
signal switch associated with the hand brake?

In our broken Japanese & English the guys at AutoBacs said Id need to
permanent ground the signal. Theyre reluctant to do it for me, because it
technically bypassing a safety measure.

For now, I one click up the hand brake and I can watch TV / MP4s while
driving. No the hand brake is not engaged at all, I checked on the springs
at the back wheels and it does not move when my buddy clicks it up one
and back down.

Please dont worry about my safety, the average speed limit here in Okinawa
is 17.5 MPH ! (yawn)

Peace!(rei)

goose... do...... u...have... like...... any... friends????????
family perhaps???

:shudder:

could it be possible that you would like to keep your friends busy with a movie on the front screen?? just a thought...

thats the reason i bypass the screens on all my nav units. so others can watch.. i just say I as in I to simplify.. and so you dont think im refering to a mouse in my pocket.. lol(headbang)(headbang)(headbang)

*edit* Strange my post came in at #3 in the list... not #4*

below.... but...posts from Trdkamuri51o above and GrayGoose below... ... is that some inside story, I don’t follow? (boom08)

Additionally, requesting a dismantling of my personal beliefs, values and normals was not the intent of my post, please take no offence in my request if needed please PM me concerning the use of video while driving, to…. keep…. personal….. beliefs…. values ….and…… normals….….off….line.

Back on topic: Does anyone have a link to the exploded diagram of the hand brake and switch section so I may investigate the inner workings of this override / engage button attached to the hand brake?

Thank you.
Peace!(rei)

Please dont worry about my safety, the average speed limit here in Okinawa is 17.5 MPH !

I don't worry about your safety... I know you'll be perfectly safe in your Mazda.

I worry about everyone in your vicinity while you're driving. Even a collision at 17.5mph can be catastrophic for a pedestrian, bicycle rider, or even an older car.

Why in the world would you need to be watching a video feed while the car is in anything but park? Why not just take your driving seriously and decide that when you're at the wheel you'll give your full attention to the task at hand.

goose... do...... u...have... like...... any... friends????????
family perhaps???

:shudder:

could it be possible that you would like to keep your friends busy with a movie on the front screen?? just a thought...

LOL Trd... yes, actually, I have both family and friends. My kids actually read books while I'm driving... but I realize they're in the minority nowadays.

But, regardless, I don't buy the "keep your friends busy" angle. For one, it's a very awkward position to view a movie from the rear seats. If that was really your reasoning, why not buy a DVD entertainment system that folds down from the rear ceiling. Or just put a movie on their iPod. It would be a better experience for everyone overall anyway... and you wouldn't have to bypass any safety measures nor would you ever be tempted to "sneak a peek".

AND besides that... if you read Sgt's OP, he wants to bypass the cut-off so that "I can watch TV / MP4s while driving". A completely different situation that simply trying to appease your passengers.

Sgt... I'm certainly not trying to "dismantle" your personal beliefs. Just pointing out that there are very valid reasons behind the safety measures built into the system. And, at least in the U.S., it comes down more to law than personal beliefs. Here, it's illegal to have a video display active while driving.

Sgt... I'm certainly not trying to "dismantle" your personal beliefs. Just pointing out that there are very valid reasons behind the safety measures built into the system. And, at least in the U.S., it comes down more to law than personal beliefs. Here, it's illegal to have a video display active while driving.

GrayGoose, thank you for the clarification, we're both on the same side, safety. Trust me being retired Army, safty was drove down my neck many many, & many many years. (drinks)

Sad thing is, here on Okinawa it takes 1 hour to drive 3-5 miles! (boom06)

Traffic offten comes to a complete stop for long periods of time, stops for 10 min, to 15 min, no moving at all, yeah the movie is worth its wight in gold then, keeps me from getting mad, keeps the kids in 'dah' mode (less noise),

side note:however, my kids read average 11 books a week and that includes time in the car. (angel)

When I do some more audio install, I'm going to dig in there and see if I can't get that button grounded.

Peace!(rei)

I'm doing the opposite way. I'm looking for a way for car stereo volume to turn off at a certain speed. Teenagers in the family are starting to drive the MAZDA5. My gps-snitch has recorded them speeding few times.

Back