Justanothermp5's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
Rust Bucket
Ok so i just wanted to start this thread to make sure i had all my bases covered when i rebuild my engine within the next 2-3 weeks

my plans for the car are not max horsepower or track monster, i just want a reliably fast fun daily driver, ill list what i have already and what i am getting and then u guys can let me know what ur opinions are, for example: whether to use a diff brand of piston or, that brand of rod wont work with that piston, etc..

Mods ON the car
-Engine-
*Ebay header (had an exhaust leak, figured why not lol)
*Injen Intake
*Unorthadox UDP
*Megan Racing 2.5" CBE
*AWR Side engine mount insert
*CS Front engine mount insert

-Suspension/Brakes/Drivetrain-
*17x7.5" 5Zigen GN+ ProRacer Matte Bronze
-205/50 Kumho Ecsta ASX
*Tokico HP (blues)
*Ground Control Sleeves
*Powerslot brakes
*Goodrich SS Brake lines
*EBC Greenstuff pads
*B&M SS
*Spec Stage 1 Clutch

Looks
*Blacked out headlights
*3000K HID's
*Custom Plexi-glass Fog deletes
*Custom Matte Black Vinyl on hood
*Custom Matte Black Vinyl Eyelids
*Custom Wrapped Headliner, A-Pillars, B Pillars, Shift Boot, and Single DIN Block-off Plate
*DG Lip
*Blacked out Badges and Rear Valence
*Lightly Tinted Tail lights
*35% Tint all the way around

Now for the turbo mods
*Thunder Manifold
*MSP T25 clocked w/ ATP wastegate
*Stock MSP Oil Feed
*Custom Return= -10AN fittings and line to oil pan
*CS S&J-Pipe
*SLS Performance Catless midpipe
*2.5" Exhaust Cut-out
*MAM Sleeper FMIC Piping w/ HKS SSQV BOV
*AEM Wideband
*Prosport Electronic Boost Gauge
*Vibrant Vac. Block
*PG Engine Rebuild Package
*Pauter Billet Forged Rods
*Wiseco 8.5:1; .020 over
*SS AFC V2
*HKS Turbo Timer
From Extreme PSI
*Mishimoto Z Line Intercooler- Black
*Misc. Couplers, Fittings, Clamps etc
From Glowshift
*Oil Pressure gauge
*Oil Sandwich plate
*Single DIN 3 Gauge plate

UPDATE 12/2/09
So looks like im going to be waiting until christmas break to rebuild the engine, i have most of the parts already just need some small things here and there and im set
Engine has 207K miles on it now and its still going strong, but i think the rebuild will def make it more reliable

PICs*******************

Ok well i figured since this is a build thread i might as well post pics of my car when i started, like before and after pics
just to let u guys see how far i've come, keep in mind i just graduated this year, high school that is :)
IMG_0822.jpg

this is the closest to stock i have pics of, it actually is lowered in this pic
then i went to an exhaust and blacked out badges/rear valence
proesd.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

then i went to this phase...i liked it at the time, but now i look back and, im not feeling it too much lol
p55555.jpg

this is when i started to love my car, i took a chance on the rims and i really loved how they looked
SLAMMED001.jpg

then i became slammed lol and a roof vinyl, i skipped some, but this is how my car sits today

and now to turbo parts
turboshizz001.jpg

the two pipes are white cuz i sandblasted them and ran out of flameproof black paint, but i had white lol
turboshizz002.jpg

turboshizz003.jpg

turboshizz004.jpg

turboshizz005.jpg

hood dampers and vac block
turboshizz006.jpg

turboshizz009.jpg

hks turbo timer, mounted and lighting up but not working :(
turboshizz010.jpg

greddy weighted shift knob, this is prob the best mod i ever bought for my car
it makes shifting sooo smooottthh
turboshizz011.jpg

shaved and cleaned up the front to make roomfor the FMIC
bought paint for that today so the whole bumper will look freshhhh
*NEW PICS PAGE 7*

Last edited:
sounds good to me...

what are you doing for you water lines?

also damn 200k... whats the tranny like?

otherwise seems pretty nice

oh sorry, i have the stock MSP water lines, the metal parts but not the hoses
but the tranny is ok, i had a streak where i couldn't shift it into 3rd but it oddly went away by itself after i changed the fluid

^^^ awesome to know... my third is a lil iffy..but i just order mt-90 redline

yea i used Royal Purple and everyone says it sucks so i just added Lucas Oil Stabilizer to it
redline is supposed to be the best according to everyone on here

well im ordering a boost gauge, i already have a wideband, forgot to put that too
and oil pressure i guess i could order that too

added to list

for spark plugs i was told to use ik22 denso's... supposedly they are better for boooooost

For your coolant you should just go with a stock setup. Get the silicone return elbow from onlinemazdaparts. Part number 000088c54. You metal coolant return line just goes straight into it. No hoses or anything in between. For the coolant feed, check the "turbocharging your P5 read this first" thread for the links to atp's banjo fitting and line.

Ok so i just ordered a s*** load of stuff from PG, im not sure how long its going to take to get here but hopefully not tht long

im also thinking about buying scratch's motor that he is selling so i can rebuild that one and then just swap it out with mine once im done to cut down on the amount of downtime
but a 2 hour drive one way with a motor in the back of my car isnt that good of an idea lol
i scrape on stuff already...might have to take my moms car to go get it

just got the intercooler, vac block, and hks turbo timer in the mail today

got a few questions about the vac block and turbo timer,
vac block, where do i get the things that screw in that attach to the block to the vaccum source?
and with the turbo timer, what does the white connector attach too? ill post some pics of the parts in a sec once i take some lol

well i have a ton of pictures i took tday so finally i might have people following my thread!! lol

ill upload them in a sec once i get them on photobucket

I'm on a boat!

Boost boat :)

haha yea and its getting kinda crowed, seems like everybody is boosting at the same time,

which isnt necessarily a bad thing lol

just got the intercooler, vac block, and hks turbo timer in the mail today

got a few questions about the vac block and turbo timer,
vac block, where do i get the things that screw in that attach to the block to the vaccum source?
and with the turbo timer, what does the white connector attach too? ill post some pics of the parts in a sec once i take some lol

are you talking about the fittings?? which vac block did you get?? more than likely your local auto parts store will have the fittings available. i got mine from car quest.

the vibrant vac block, i found the fittings for the vacuum hose but i got the wrong size
i think i just may order those fittings from crossover auto, they look pretty cool

and pics are up in first post

the vibrant vac block, i found the fittings for the vacuum hose but i got the wrong size
i think i just may order those fittings from crossover auto, they look pretty cool

and pics are up in first post

meh. like i said, i went and got mine from an auto parts store. i too have a vibrant block.

yea i went to carquest today and they didnt have the size i need, i need 1/8th i think, cuz thats the size of my boost gauge tubing
i even went to lowes and they didnt have that small of a fitting
ill look around other auto parts stores tomm. to see if i can find some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back