Hid Bulb Replacement

Boldlygo

:
Mazda 2009 CX-9
I just replaced my CX-9 fog lights with an 6000K HID kit from Ignited Performance (http://www.ignitedperformance.com/)
Works great! It took me about 1 - 1-1/2 hrs to do the job, but it was relatively easy. All the wiring and parts come with the kit. The factory power for the lights plug with into the kit's harness, so no wires had to run back to the battery.

The fog lights now look better than the factory HID low beams, so I just ordered replacement 6000K bulbs. Does anyone know if this is an easy replacement to do with the new bulbs into the existing HID lights?

I just replaced my CX-9 fog lights with an 6000K HID kit from Ignited Performance (http://www.ignitedperformance.com/)
Works great! It took me about 1 - 1-1/2 hrs to do the job, but it was relatively easy. All the wiring and parts come with the kit. The factory power for the lights plug with into the kit's harness, so no wires had to run back to the battery.

The fog lights now look better than the factory HID low beams, so I just ordered replacement 6000K bulbs. Does anyone know if this is an easy replacement to do with the new bulbs into the existing HID lights?

awesome! post some pics please!(drinks)

It's very easy to replace the stock hid bulbs.

Boldlygo,

Can you please post pictures, I've been thinking of replacing my fog light because they are so weak and almost no light at all.

HID in the fogs are awesome. However some of the drivers on the road don't share my enthusiasm or my view from the drivers seat (lol2)
BTW, I got both kits from ebay (6K 9006 fitment) for both the MS3 and 9 for $60 per/kit shipped.

Those are NOT HID's. They are just replacement bulbs. 6000K is way too blue, especially for fog lights, which is why oncoming drivers are annoyed. You are the 1st person that I've seen that thought replacement bulbs are HID's. LOL.

He said "kit", which can include ballasts, bulbs and all necessary wiring for a HID setup.

Believe me, I use to make and sell these kits back in the late 90s for almost $1000 per kit. It got to a point where it was no longer worth competing when prices start to drop like the stock market

I think once the technology was out then it was only a matter of time when manufacturers in China begin making them with dirt cheap labor.

Last edited:
I just got back from vacation - the kit I bought was $200. CDN and included the ballasts and igniters. It was a simple plug and play system, with all the wiring tucking up inside. I like the colour and replaced my main HID lights with the same 6K replacement bulb from IgniterHID. The bulbs were a D2S. I'll work on pictures soon.

Back