Problem with air bag and belt warning lights.

Richardd

Hears a new for the board. Car is just about 3 weeks old and my first problem.
The warning light from the air bag and some times the safety belt will go on at different times. I'm not talking about the about when you first start the vehicle. I talking about after driving for a period on time and it just goes on. I have to shut the car down and restart and most of the time it will reset itself and sometime it take two restarts. I happen about 5 times so far. I called the dealer and because I going away next week 7/3 -7/10 and I made a appointment for the 7/11.
Did anyone on this had or is having the same problem, and what was the fixed.:confused:

Sounds like a bad sensor. Your biggest headache will be reproducing the problem for the dealer. After that, you'll be OK.

The only plug I use was the front and in the center arm rest. One is is my cell phone and the other was my GPS and they are working fine. If you have TSB on the short circuit, can you please PM or just post it.

Aug 11 the car is going in. Why Aug 11, I'm going to Durango Co. to see my son. I found a TSB on this problem and the fix: The TSB, states: Airbag warning light will go, when you use the center outlet for Cell phone charging and any other electrical app.

Mar 2009 45000 0 Airbag warning light special service program 78 - wiring of accessory sockets may cause airbag control module warning.

Last edited:
Yes, I just went to my dealer for another problem and they said there was a "recall" or whatever they call it and replaced the airbag warning light. Although I haven't had any problems with it.

Just got a call from the dealer and was told that the problem was for the CX-9, 2008, not the 2009, and could not duplicated. I dropped off me phone and charging unit, to see it then can duplicated. The good news is that they give a loaner and I'm going on the second day tomorrow. I'll will post tomorrow, what happens.

Got the car back today. Couldn't find anything wrong. They went over the ground wires and cleaned then off and reinstalled then. I left the dealer and with in 5 minute the airbag went on with the phone charger plug into the center plug glove box and the phone charging. I went back and showed the mechanic and is going call Mazda the hot line for the car tomorrow. The TSB is for the 2008 models, not the 2009. It's only happen when the charger is charging the phone from the center outlet, not the one on the dashboard. You got me.

What happen with the air bag light. Sorry, But I just got a new job and this is my first time back to this web site. The dealer did nothing for it, but the good news, I fixed it myself. The charge plug for the phone was no good. I tried a different one and the light didn't go off. I went back to the old one and the light came on. I was just checking to see if that was it. I attached the new charge plug and it working great. No thanks to the dealer.(bang)

Go to a different dealer and make them perform the fix. It may be intermittent now, but the ground fix prevents the problem from becoming permanent.

Basically what they do is put a really long ground wire on the middle and rear outlets to 'soften' the ground.

Yes that was the fix for the 2007,2008 but not the 2009. In 2009 they re did the wiring. That what the dealer told me.

I fixed it myself with the changing to a different charger and it's working with no problems. (five-0)

Back