New Car Pic

recon9

Hey, I'm a new mazda owner and so far very happy! Bought a 09 Mazda3 GS at the end of March. So I've had it for 4 months now. See pic (ignore bugs). 100% stock, and that is probably the way it will stay at least until warranty is up.

A few questions, what kind of wax/detailing do they do to it before you pick it up and what products are used? I haven't waxed it at all since I bought it and am considering doing so this weekend. Looking forward, I won't have access to a garage for the next couple of years and thus was considering the Turtle Wax Ice kit from Canadian Tire since it comes with the interior cleaner, liquid wax and detailer spray which can be used in direct sunlight and over all the plastic parts. Yes, Ive read several threads reviewing the product and the only downside I see is the dust collection, but that happens anyway and I wash about once a week.

Another thing I am a bit embarrassed about is when I first got it and was getting use to it I bumped one of the rims against a square curb and scratched it. Is there anything that can be done for this?

Thanks guys, looks like a fun forum here!

Attachments

• sIMG_4739.jpg
    sIMG_4739.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 834
...I bumped one of the rims against a square curb and scratched it. Is there anything that can be done for this?

That depends on how badly/deeply it's scratched. One of mine got curbed in its first two weeks, too. It's pretty bad, but I'm told by the detail shop guy at the stealership I go to that he has a guy who can take it out or at least minimize it. He wasn't forthcoming on exactly how, though. (uhm)

Anyone else?

P.S. Welcome! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back