Rear window washer; is it supposed to be horrendous?

dealspec

I have a 2008 Mazda5 Sport and I was wondering if others also have a horrible rear window washer. When I clean the rear window with it, it doesn't spray - it just trickles down the left side of the rear window. The wiper only catches the spray partially and it really only cleans part of the left side of the window. It is horrendous. Are all Mazda5 rear window washers the same? I checked the fluid level and my washer fluid is full. Maybe I have a clog or is it defective? My car is still under warranty.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
dealspec

I have a 2008 Mazda5 Sport and I was wondering if others also have a horrible rear window washer. When I clean the rear window with it, it doesn't spray - it just trickles down the left side of the rear window. The wiper only catches the spray partially and it really only cleans part of the left side of the window. It is horrendous. Are all Mazda5 rear window washers the same? I checked the fluid level and my washer fluid is full. Maybe I have a clog or is it defective? My car is still under warranty.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
dealspec

Same here....I time the spray to the position of the wiper blade in order to get the water across the whole glass......It sucks but I don't expect the Dealer can do anything to help you out on this item.
Anthony

Mine sprays with pressure. Can you try taking a pin or needle into the hole to see if it's clogged?

ok...maybe this is out in left field but here it goes..

When your rear blade is on full time and you rotate the controller for the washer fluid downward it will squirt no matter where the blade is in its travel. Try this next time...rotate the switch to the momentary (I think it is the upward most position). This position the blade will momentary not sweep until the washer fluid is half way down the window..

Let me know

I can't believe that they could release a car like this. I'll try the pin/needle trick and see if it helps. I tried timing the spray, but it still is pretty bad at cleaning the window. Is there something I can install to make it better?

Hm. Mine works OK, sprays two streams down slightly to the right of center as you face the rear hatch. Maybe a 2009 improvement?

^maybe... mine is a streak (08). like my p5 even. except my p5 is right in the middle... and the 5 is off to the side. what i like is that when the wiper gets it, it splashes it all over, and away from the wiper, so it takes some time to get everything clean. it takes timing, but yeah... bad design.

ok...maybe this is out in left field but here it goes..

When your rear blade is on full time and you rotate the controller for the washer fluid downward it will squirt no matter where the blade is in its travel. Try this next time...rotate the switch to the momentary (I think it is the upward most position). This position the blade will momentary not sweep until the washer fluid is half way down the window..

Let me know

Mine sprays with lots of pressure, but I pretty much follow Zoom5Zoom's method as well to maximize the amount of fluid that hits the blade.

Back