Do it yourself Mazda3 heated mirrors

rjewison

I needed heated mirrors for my mazda3 and i work at a motorcycle\atv dealer where i have access to all the aftermarket catalogues.I found the heating elements(the wrap around kind) for atv's heated grips...Aprox $50.00.Took my mirrors apart ,ran the wires.You will need a wireing schematic to find the color of wires that are in the block connector where the wires leave the door.It would be really nice if you could find the right electrical terminals to clip into the block connector.The circuit is activated by the rear defrost switch which is also timed and the circuit is already fuzed.This is so easy but your local Mazda dealer will say that it cant be done.....Mine has been working for 2YRS now.The draw on these heaters are aprox 5 amps depending on which onesyou purchase.........Have fun........

OR for about the same money, just REPLACE the glass with FACTORY ones that has the heating elements installed and run the wires yourself like everyone else have been doing for years

or if you don't want to deal with the hassle of wiring, replace the entire mirror units with canadian heated ones like some others have been doing for years

OR for about the same money, just REPLACE the glass with FACTORY ones that has the heating elements installed and run the wires yourself like everyone else have been doing for years

or if you don't want to deal with the hassle of wiring, replace the entire mirror units with canadian heated ones like some others have been doing for years

slammed!

Back