Squealing brakes

100$ GUY

:
2015 CX-9 GT AWD
My brakes like to make sounds to announce other conmuters that my car is coming and is braking. Not always, just from time to time, and especially below 25mph and when u press the brakes in a certain way more than others.
Even when leaving my house at the morning they squeal....
Anybody has it as well?
What could it be?
Replaced whatever it is free under warranty?

That's usually the clips resonating at a certain frequency due to a light coating of dust and/or rust on them. The fix is to take the pads and clips out, clean the clips, and put an anti squeal compound on them that prevents that friction.

What year CX-9? My brakes made a squealing/grinding sound, and the dealer replaced the pads under a TSB--fixed!

I had the front done. The service advisor could hear it by himself.
My rear brake does not make noise, so they stay.
Check other TSBs to see if they apply to yours also.
Why not do them all that apply while your CX9 is there?

My front brakes are squealing loudly. I already pulled both drums and cleaned the shoes and hardware. Plus I sanded the shoes lightly.

Any suggestions on how to stop the squeal would be appreciated.

Actually, Mazda has a new kit for the front brake that the dealer has to order in order to fix the squeaking or groaning issue. If you have access to the full TSBs, you will see the part # involved.
Try bringing it to dealers (within 1 yr/12K miles).

If out of it, plea your case with Mazda corporate to see if you can get any discount. Most times, you can get free parts, just pay the labor.

noise

http://estovideorepairs.blogspot.com/

Noise is very common with high humidity areas in Chicago we get it all the time. Also a lot of CX-9s that sat in the sales lot for long periods of time without being driven built up a lot of corrosion that turned into rust and can possibly damaged your rotors to the point of pulsation at high speeds, warped rotors, and noise take your truck the dealer and have them replace your rotors and pads. good luck with that

http://estovideorepairs.blogspot.com/

Back