Custom FMIC

Qwik6

:
2001 Corvette coupe
Been thinking to switching to a FMIC for a long time. So for the past month I have been ordering parts for a custom kit. I got all my info from another member from another site. So im not taking all the credit for this setup. Also got some second hand brackets for this setup to mount the intercooler to the crash bar.

Been working on this for the past 2 days. Still not finished. Just small things like mounting the new washer tank still needs to be completed.

I could not believe how easy it was to remove the bumper! First timer here and took me 20 minutes flat. Cutting the crash bar took me an hour though... 20 hours into the install now. Hopefully 3 more to finish this up tomarrow. Enjoy :)

Heres most of the parts I used. Purchased the pipes from cxracing. Intercooler came from here also. Silicone couplers from ebay.

DSC_0782.jpg

The forge stays!
DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

Did some triming on the air diverter. Since the air doesnt need to scoop up anymore. It should be sent to the radiator. :)
DSC_0848.jpg

DSC_0842.jpg

And now for the most time consuming part. Cutting out 2 rows on the grill.
DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

Snapped some shots with the bumper on.
DSC_0870.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

Last edited:
dude, really, truly, honestly, good luck and good job man, i wont ask for it now, but a price total would be sweet, and i cant wait for your feedback.

Nice work! I thought it was the CS kit when I saw your post in the picture thread.

Can you elaborate on how to remove the bumper? I need to replace the lower grille and install some HID fog lights.

Looks great! Glad you got it all together without much problems. It definitely looks a lot better than some of the hack-jobs I've seen on the front bumper. And your intercooler is straight to boot!

what did you do with the TMIC? fs??

Sold this a couple weeks back.

Ok guys. Heres the list of parts. I spent a bit over 500 bucks myself for these parts.

CXracing
-3 (2.5") 90 Degree Pipes
-2 (2.5") 75 Degree Pipes
-1 (2.5") L-Pipe

Ebay
-4 Hump Hose
-1 2"-2.5" Reducer
-1 2.5"-2.75" Reducer
-2 (2.5") 45 Degree Couplers
-1 (2.5") 90 Degree Coupler
-CXracing Intercooler
-92-95 Honda Civic Washer Tank
-(2.5") BOV Flange Pipe

Of course the IC can be purchased from CXracing but its 160 bucks.

All these parts added up without shipping comes out to $450

Now I have found there are only 2 options with the bpv flanges. The HKS and Greddy. I used the HKS one. Had it milled down and welded a flange on for the Forge(stock) bpv.

Out of the whole kit only 2 pipes needed to be cut. That was the 75 coming off the hot side of the IC. Cut about 2 inches off going into it. The other one is right where the turbo is. I believe I cut about 2.5-3 inches off the side connected to the turbo.

Here are some pics of the washer tank installed.
DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0899.jpg

nice diy job man! wen i did my first front mount it turned into a hack job cuz i was tryin to do it in 1 night! this actually looks really nice! like an actual kit for ur car! nicely done, took ur time and made it beautiful!

Great job Qwik. It looks awesome. I can't wait to hear your impressions after you put some time on the road with the new setup.

Thanks guys.

The jb weld I used on the washer tank to seal the level sensor didnt hold up. Walked out to my car yesterday evening only to find washer fluid leaking from the bumper. Now im all out of fluid. Looks like the bumper has to come back off.

Nice job man, glad to see you put the parts you used in there also I was going to ask about that. I take it a CAI wouldn't work with this setup?

Almost want to move this to the DIY section.

Back