Where did you guys hide your HID Ballasts?

Richie Bricks

:
Black Mica Mazda 3 5 Door Touring
JUSSSSSSST got my DDM HID and planning on installing them. Hoping to get some ideas where to hide the ballasts and where to place the wires. So I'm hoping you guys can help me out with suggestions and possibly pics?

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone who has the DDM slim ballast 35w, can you let me know how its been for you thus far? Problems? Highs? Lows? Anything? Reviews please!

thanks guys!

pics from my install...

DSCF0139-1.jpg

DSCF0140-1.jpg

DSCF0137-1.jpg

blackpearl, are you running a battery harness?

I have the DDM 55w 5000k kit, slim ballast and do not run the extra harness. I have had them for over 10k miles and no issues.

I hit my ballasts under the plastic right behind the hood latch. 3 small holes and a simple zip tie mount. You can even really tell they are there. I keep meaning to get pictures, but keep forgetting.

do you think you can help me out with this issue?

so weird issue with my hid fogs i installed 2 weeks ago..

it takes me two tries until the fogs come on.
i turn the switch once - nothing happens.
i turn the switch off then back on a 2nd time and then it starts up normally.
any idea what's up?

and will this create a problem in the long run?

thanks for the help guys!

(It started after the night I left chuck e cheese and turned them on, drove for about 10 min, turned them off when i got to my house, then left the house 2 min later and turned them back on, which is the first time i had to do 2 tries until they turned on and they have been like that since, could that have started it?)

Back