Aftermarket 20s

GasGuzz

First post here.
Looking to get the wife a Sport, and swap the OEMs for winter rubbers. Then pickup a tire/wheel set for dry/wet seasons.
1.) Any idea what trade-in price I can get for the new 18 OEM Bridgestones?
2.) Per the Tirerack selector: Wheel is Moda-210 20x8.5, 35mm Offset, 5-114 Bolt, 6.18 Backspace, 2-Piece Forged-Rim/Cast-Center.
Some wheels state incompatibility with TPMS, why is that anyway? Isnt TPMS essentially just a valve?
3.) Does the T-Spare have TPMS, or can a temp-tire have TPMS? If so, is that sufficient to turn off the warning light?
Makes sense to me anyway, nothing worse than fixing a flat with an underinflated T-Tire.
4.) Or store the stock 18 as the spare, will it show (being wider)?
5.) What is the CX-9 lugnut thread/pitch?

Thanks.

Attachments

• moda_210_sm_ci3_l.jpg
    moda_210_sm_ci3_l.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 210
Why do wheel makers these days always over complicate their wheels with unnecessary details like dimples and rivets?

1.) Any idea what trade-in price I can get for the new 18” OEM Bridgestones?

A.) See your tire shop. Any trade in will depend on the tire condition, current market, and the shop's willingness to trade.

2.) Per the Tirerack selector: Wheel is Moda-210 20x8.5, 35mm Offset, 5-114 Bolt, 6.18” Backspace, 2-Piece Forged-Rim/Cast-Center.
Some wheels state incompatibility with TPMS, why is that anyway? Isn’t TPMS essentially just a valve?

A.) Yes, but the valve contains the sensor and transmitter body, requiring a specific shape inside the wheel and depth.

3.) Does the T-Spare have TPMS, or can a temp-tire have TPMS? If so, is that sufficient to turn off the warning light? Makes sense to me anyway, nothing worse than fixing a flat with an underinflated T-Tire.

A.) No TPM on the spare.

4.) Or store the stock 18 as the spare, will it show (being wider)?

A.) The full size won't fit there, and you wouldn't want to anyway.

5.) What is the CX-9 lugnut thread/pitch?

A.) M12 x 1.5 21mm Socket

Last edited:
Back