The H7 Bulbs are too small?!?

eraser851

:
2008 Mazda 3i
So I just ordered a new set of H.I.D Halogen bulbs from DDM Tuning.
I ordered 9005's for my high beams and H7 for my low beams.

Both don't work.

I open up the 9005's first and notice that imprinted on the bulb housing they say 9006. They don't fit.

I open up the H7's. And they do say H7 right on the housing of the bulb, however they're much smaller than the stock H7's I have in my car now.

Why would the H7's be too small?

Are they HID Kits?? or Hyper white BULBS?? If it's the real HID, then you need a spacer. but if's just a bulb, then you need to remove that black adaptor, and plug it on the new bulb.
Here's a pics . top is the HID, bottom is H7 Bulbs

So I just ordered a new set of H.I.D Halogen bulbs from DDM Tuning.
I ordered 9005's for my high beams and H7 for my low beams.

Both don't work.

I open up the 9005's first and notice that imprinted on the bulb housing they say 9006. They don't fit.

I open up the H7's. And they do say H7 right on the housing of the bulb, however they're much smaller than the stock H7's I have in my car now.

Why would the H7's be too small?

Attachments

• HID20.jpg
    HID20.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,182
I actually just figured out what was up. The stock bulb was in an adapter. Had to take that bulb out and put in the new one.
Didn't realize that at first.

do i have to get a kit to have H7 bulbs? or can i just buy the bulbs and stick em in my stock headlights?

HID for MS3 Sport a MUST!

Just installed HID plug and play 5000k DDM light assemblies. What an easy installation and now I can see!! I chose the 55W set-up. I bought my MS3 in Nov 2006 and suffered with their inadequate lighting until now. Never really needed bright lights because I lived in the well-lit side of Jacksonville, FL. Then I moved to the West side, I could not see very well. These HID's were the best $100 I have spent in a long time.

Ok, so I just bought the DDM 55W kit and discovered that I need the spacers pictured in CTpro5's post. Where can I get some?? The kit just has plain bulbs and when I called DDM tech support, they told me to "look on the Mazda forums". Grrr... (pissed)

Just installed HID plug and play 5000k DDM light assemblies. What an easy installation and now I can see!! I chose the 55W set-up. I bought my MS3 in Nov 2006 and suffered with their inadequate lighting until now. Never really needed bright lights because I lived in the well-lit side of Jacksonville, FL. Then I moved to the West side, I could not see very well. These HID's were the best $100 I have spent in a long time.

Do you by chance have the part number/s for your DDM HID kit/s? 5000k are a little blue right?

Ok, so I just bought the DDM 55W kit and discovered that I need the spacers pictured in CTpro5's post. Where can I get some?? The kit just has plain bulbs and when I called DDM tech support, they told me to "look on the Mazda forums". Grrr... (pissed)

Just take your original spacers that are on the H7 Bulbs, and modify it to fit the HID Bulb. Or you can always put the HID bulb in without any spacers. Just take tha metal springs that hold the bulb in place and bend them to fit the new bulb(This is easier if you actually take the whole light assembly off the car)

Modifying the clips is a bad idea because then you can't use the weather seal on the back of the headlight and if you break a clip, they're impossible to replace (ask me how I know).

I contacted DDM and they're supposedly sending me some spacers.

Back