Mazda2 1.5 - Greece

vdsracing

Hi all!
I'm Vagelis from Greece and I have a white 2 1.5.

The car is a 5d crystal white pearl edition with SAP.

After 17.500km driven, some of them in the track, I have to admit that its a very sporty car with great handling,sharp steering and powerfull enough to compete against all the other cars with similar specs such as yaris ts and ignis sport.

My mods are:

Ultralite G-Spec wheels 16x7,5 et40(wheight 6,8kgr each)

J's Racing Lug nuts M12x1,5

Window tint Lumar Titanium

MSD Dashhawk

Full custom exhaust

BMC DIA(70-130) induction kit custom fitted

The exhaust setup is 4-2-1 header(38mm-42mm-48mm) with an HJS 200cpi catalyst, 48mm free flow mid box and stock 45mm backbox in order to achieve backpressure until an ecu remap will be done.

In order to install the bmc kit, I moved the water tank about 2cm higher

The induction kit without the last hose that sucks air from the front of the car

The kit installed.You can see the hose that sucks air from the fron of the car.Down-left.

For the MAF,a 59mm inner diameter tube is used,the same as the toyota mr2 1.8 vvti.

After these mods i dynoed the car and it achieved 115,8hp and 139nm of torque.The numbers would be better if the ecu could readjust more.With an ecu remapping things will be much better and I'm hopping to achieve more than 125hp.But we will see about that.

Some photos of the car inside:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6381/dsc00897s.jpg

Top speed achieved with the mods:

And 0-100km according to dashhawk is 8,35sec.This is the diagramm
http://www.imageshack.gr/files/8815jat6we15ntqgmira.jpg

Some pics of the car:
1091349130_11152009_1.jpg

1391678145_11152009_2.jpg

3wheelsuv0.png

Last edited:
Hahahah yes..its on three wheels!It was that way in every corner in the track!

Has anyone tried to tune the mzr 1.5 engine?It's a rather dificult to tune engine as I figured out mainly because the stock ecu can't readjust itself to the exhaust-intake changes.It definately needs a remmaping but I don't even know if this is possible for the OEM ecu.

Hallo again

I have some questions and I was windering if anyone could help.

1.Has anyone tried to tune the 1.5 mzr engine?

2.Has anyone tried to remap the OEM ecu?

3.Has anyone deactivated the abs-eba?

1.Has anyone tried to tune the 1.5 mzr engine?[/QUOTE]

first: nice demio... realy...!!!

i try... but a can't

with a safc 2....

:(

Try to UP SOME PICTURES OF MY CAR

These are the spec:

home made CAI/injen filter (coming soon thunder header)

custom exhaust 2" / dynomax muffler / oem exhaust manifold

home made ground kit and big 3 (install this night jejeje)

safc 2 (big fail/not work)

p.d.: sorry 4 my bad english...

bless

Last edited:
Here in greece the first ecu tuned mazda2 1.5 will be ready by the end of next week.
I will inform you all about it.

The oem ecu will be remmaped via the obd port.

AEM f/ic works good as well but not for n/a tuning.Its very good for turbo/sc/nitrus.

News about my car:

Redline 5w30synthetic engine oil
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
New muffler 45mm
Skunk2 shift knob(1,25x10)

dsc01135q.jpg

dsc01146bn.jpg

img0249sr.jpg

my mazda vs C2 VTS 125hp.1st gear,550m uphill.
both cars lightened about 20kgr.Mazda wins!!
video is incar of C2 and the camera mounted on the dash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrbUzwlYCJg

Many videos in youtube.Search for vdsracing and vdsracing21.(nana)

Last edited:
wath tire u use?

dsc01135q.jpg

i've advance yokohama 048 in my oem rim 15

nice shift knob... i want this one...

Here in greece the first ecu tuned mazda2 1.5 will be ready by the end of next week.
I will inform you all about it.

The oem ecu will be remmaped via the obd port.

AEM f/ic works good as well but not for n/a tuning.Its very good for turbo/sc/nitrus.

why not?

because it can't change two basic things for n/a tuning

1.advance(it can only decrease it but it can't increase it)

2.rev limit.

According to my dyno diagram, the stock camshaft holds power at high rpm and if we increase the revlimit by 200-300rpm would be good.

I dont know if the valves will be ok with it but we will find out soon.

There's no need for a pigy back ecu.The stock ecu is programmable so you just have to find a good tuner with the apropriate tools.

great...!!!

I think for now I will concentrate on the header, as we discover who or what CAN modify the map of A/f, rev and timming ...

keep us informed ...!!!

great...!!!

I think for now I will concentrate on the header, as we discover who or what CAN modify the map of A/f, rev and timming ...

keep us informed ...!!!

My current header setup is 4-2-1(38mm-42mm-48mm) and the lenght of "4s" is 38mm and the same are the "2s".

I think it would be better with the same pipe diameters but a bit longer "4s" in order to have more top end power.

I will have a new custom header with better curves and better quality.

The thunder header that is 4-1 with 55mm pipe i think is too big even for the 1.5

Ofcourse I may be mistaken.

The best thing is someone to test 3-4 header setups to the same car and then we will have an idea of what works good on a stock mzr.

When an engine is tuned, then the header must change too.

There is a lot of theory of how the dimensions of a header must be,according to the engine specs,camshafts,power band,rpm limit etc.

I'm dont know this theory but I've tried many different setups on my car and i think that for a stock or lightly tuned mzr 1.5 or 1.3 a good setup is a 4-2-1 header with 48mm pipe and 200cpi cat.The catalyst must be not too close to the header.

The best thing is someone to test 3-4 header setups to the same car and then we will have an idea of what works good on a stock mzr.

When an engine is tuned, then the header must change too.

There is a lot of theory of how the dimensions of a header must be,according to the engine specs,camshafts,power band,rpm limit etc.

I'm dont know this theory but I've tried many different setups on my car and i think that for a stock or lightly tuned mzr 1.5 or 1.3 a good setup is a 4-2-1 header with 48mm pipe and 200cpi cat.The catalyst must be not too close to the header.

nice...

if all goes good, I make that header in January... tx vds

Back