How much was your tint for your 5 door 3?

Richie Bricks

:
Black Mica Mazda 3 5 Door Touring
One of my first mods is to get tint because the socal sun burns my arms when im driving, not to mention heating up my interior. So I'm wondering how much I need to save up, roughly, to have my 4 sides and rear tinted.

THUS I'm asking if you guys could tell me how much your tints cost? costed? You know what i mean.

thanks guys!

Richie Br!cks

it all depends on where you live. i got the carbon based tint (not metalized) life time warranty and in maine state legal is 50% and it cost 300$ but in a state like cali or other southern states there is more demend for it so its cheaper. just ask around your local tint shops.

Hey im in Socal also, Cypress/Long Beach area, got mines done at 714 Customz in Cypress, they are real good at anything from tint, to audio to lambo doors.. etc but anyway it was $175, did the whole thing limo dark (not sure the % for that lol) and got lifetime warranty..

i got 15% all around done for 230, lifetime warranty. i havent gotten around to getting a strip across the top of the windshield, i need to though

here in nc u can get whatever tint % for 110 and lifetime warranty

i paid 220 for mine tho cuz i went with the shop that does the ambulances and undercover police cars so i trusted them and they did pretty good, got 35% (legal)

just an fyi, limo tint is marketed at 5% but it registers on the meters at 2-3%... my only beef with limo tint all around is that it makes driving at night a challenge sometimes.

My p5 was $140.

$300 all around for ceramic tint. I went with the ceramic as it had a much higher heat rejection than the metalized tints (which were about $150). The ceramic 40% tint rejected 80% heat vs. 50% HR on a 20% metalized. It's still legal in NC (coupled with the stock 93-97% tint) and does help out with both the heat and light.

DeanSweet said:
just an fyi, limo tint is marketed at 5% but it registers on the meters at 2-3%... my only beef with limo tint all around is that it makes driving at night a challenge sometimes.

My p5 was $140.

That's because cars come from the factory with somewhere between a 93-97% tint on the windows...... it's mostly just the UV coating on the glass. The amount varies between manufacturers though.... the place that did mine uses 40% so that they can end up around 32-35% (35% is legal in NC, but they tend to let it slide if it's just below) and said the only one they'd had a problem with was a BMW and that dropped to about 26% and failed inspection. Anyway you're adding a 5% tint onto a already tinted (albeit very slightly) piece of glass, so it's going to allow less than 5% transmission.

Back