Life Span of 2008 GT Tires (20s)

fraochdha

I bought my 2008 cx-9 new and with very few miles on it in Nov 2007, now I'm pushing 36K and the tires look as if they're getting really low on tread. Is 40K out of a set of tires normal? Also, I'm noticing more road noise, my guess is that it's caused from the minimal tread *mind you there is still tread and it's not balding.

Ideas / thoughts?

thanks

P.

i was just going to add that getting 36k out of your tires seems like a pretty high number given what i've read on the various tire sites and as mentioned above, by some of the members who've owned their vehicles for a while.

i'll be jumping for joy if i get close to that...course, i'm not in socal so i have to worry about that ice phenomenom ;)

non Snow replacement tire recommends?

Are there any suggested brands and sizes for the replacement of the GT 20s that are not for snow and ice?

thanks

P.

I can't wait to get rid of mine. I pray everyday that it wears out faster than it has. So far, after 17k, there are still more than 50% left.

That is a good amount of mileage out of these tires. As many have said they are terrible tires anyway-but you did well.

Back