CX9 Dashboard needs touchup paint

altatension

:
CX9
While trying to clean a small smudge in the dashboard I end up removing the gray coating from the plastic, now is worse than ever and it shows the original black base (about 1/4 inch wide, 1 inch long). Is there a way/place to get touchup paint for the plastic interior.

Attachments

• cx9-int-sm.jpg
    cx9-int-sm.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
what kind of cleaner were you using? you must have been using some extremely strong.

i know hyundais do not have touch up paint for interiors, chances are mazda does not either.

Exactly which part did you damage? You need to be more specific, and include photos if you can. Even parts that look the same can be made of different materials.

photo included

Exactly which part did you damage? You need to be more specific, and include photos if you can. Even parts that look the same can be made of different materials.

You are right. Here is a pix. The smudge is about 1/4" x 1".

Attachments

• cx9-int-sm.jpg
    cx9-int-sm.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 263
Is that section the same light grey color as the overhead module where the reading lights and sunglass holder are, or is it the Sand color?

I have the black so I don't know the exact color of that.

haven't tried to clean too much yet, but i already know that the silver plastic trim is going to be obnoxious with regards to getting scratched up...though new, the car already came with little scratches to that plastic trim...anyone have thoughts on how to reduce this problem...aside from wearing gloves and shrinkwrapping my entire self prior to driving ...

Do you have the recalled trim?

i checked on the TSB while reading through some of the other threads...and did find that my VIN# does match up with that particular TSB...however, it would appear that i actually need to have it peeling off before i can go submit a claim, no???

i just don't think i have the courage to go and try to destroy the trim off the car at this time....anyone have their thoughts on this?

Try overlaying the silver trim with the clear bra material.

yeah, i had inquired about this as a potential fix in another thread...has anyone actually tried this? does the clear bra material even affix to the plastic trim?

the only concern is ...it seems from the other thread and the TSB that it is for the door handle pieces and not the one on the middle console where it appears that those who test drove the car prior to my purchase made some serious scratches....

but yes, i think i'll print out the TSB and have it on hand when i talk to the service folks...

well, i think when i go ask/demand that they replace the door handles - that'll be 4 of them...

but what i was concerned about was the trim that runs along the bottom of the center console where you click in your seat belts - there are a number of scratches there from people who test drove the vehicle before i bought it... i don't see that piece in the TSB......has anyone been successful in getting that replaced?

Back