Advice on 22" rims?

balefire

I have had aftermarket rims on every car I've owned for the past 10 years. But I'm stuck with my CX-9, my first SUV. What are good reliable SUV rim brands that have 22" avail? Most of the rims I've never heard of and I've heard of lots of rims with chrome failing and / or substandard quality.

Here are some possible 22" choices I've found so far from brands I've at least heard of:

Attachments

• oz_canyon_st_ci3_l.jpg
    oz_canyon_st_ci3_l.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 284
  • 04_cayenne_canyonst_1.jpg
    04_cayenne_canyonst_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 278
  • tsw.jpg
    tsw.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 267
  • acura-3mdx-2007-010-standard-e-mail-view.jpg
    acura-3mdx-2007-010-standard-e-mail-view.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 379
OZ is a good wheel, and I like that simple, classic 5-spoke look. Definitely easier to clean than the others too.

Problem with 22s is weigh. Couple that with a matching tire, you are probably looking at an additional 15lbs per wheel if not more. I say lower the 9 with some H&R springs; get a set of 20" Volks on 275/40 and call it day :)

definitely the OZ rims, nice and clean. they actually remind me of the racing harts on my ride! and(agreeing with benben01) 20s are better....

another option. considering buying these from someone used. anyone ever hear of shooz before though? sounds like a sketchy poor quality brand, but the used price is nice.

Attachments

• Shooz_004_ch_2.jpg
    Shooz_004_ch_2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    771.9 KB · Views: 242
I don't think the five star ones would look that good on the 9. I think they're a nice looking wheel for a car, but there's something not right about five stars on an SUV.

hehe... i didn't want to be the first one to say it, but yeah those shooz are foul! too big, too bling, too many angles and sharp s*** and fake bolts and ninja stars and blah, blah, blah. there must be a better way...

unfortunately, after shipping, taxes, etc, the OZs will cost almost 3k.

i only considered the blingin low quality used shooz because they are only 1k.

would be willing to spring for the OZs but i'm not completely in love with it, because i'm worried it might make my SUV look like a car? we'll see...

better to make your suv look like a car than like complete crap with those flowery looking wheels from shooz. seriously. i try to not make judgments on people's opinions, but those look like absolute garbage and i can't stress enough on how much of a bad choice that would be to get them based on price alone.

I went with 22"

I was supposed to pick my car up at the dealer yesterday but they didnt finish detailing so they are delivering it to my work today.

I decided to go with the lexani 22" lx-10.

Here are the pictures of the wheels. I think they are going to look great with the black wheel accent and black car.

I will post a picture this weekend of the car and wheels.

Attachments

• lex1.jpg
    lex1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 181
  • lex 2.jpg
    lex 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 205
  • lex 3.jpg
    lex 3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 191
Back