Wiring Diagram for Fogs

Jetmech

Anybody have the wiring diagram for the 5 fog light circuit. My fogs are not working all of a sudden. I checked the fuse and thats ok.

(cheers)(cheers)

Hmmmm... That's the only thing I have found so far... Doubt it might help...

Attachments

• Fog_Lamps_Install_(Mazda5).pdf
    360.6 KB · Views: 591
Anybody have the wiring diagram for the 5 fog light circuit. My fogs are not working all of a sudden. I checked the fuse and thats ok.

(cheers)(cheers)

Is it right after you install HIDs? This happened to me and I still dont have any solution.

I suspected the fuse but the fuse is ok. Then I suspect that there may be a connection with the HID install.... There are no wires connected to the OEM headlight connector for left and right except the 1 wire (+?) going to power the HID relay thats it. Maybe the fogs are connected in series with the other wire? I have to check this next time. Plan is to shunt both wires with a lamp tester to see if the fogs work.

Jetmech, if you solve this let me know TIA

why would you use the relay??? I told you not to. Just do the simple plug-n-play install and you will be fine.

I did first try using PnP but would not work so what did you connect with the oem sockets , just the +wire? the other pin empty?

yes, only "+" wire, the other pin stays empty. The "-" wire from HID goes to the frame.
When you wired everything up, did you use any wiring from fogs or high beams?

Yes they were working for a few days after the hid install but now are pooched. Looked at the fuse and that was ok.

I shorted out the relay for the fogs with the relay out using a shorting strap and the fogs worked. I did use a relay but I only used the + supply of the oem headlight harness to activate the relay for the hids. Maybe I will try deactivating the relay and run straight off the oem harness for the hid and see if that makes a diifference.

(shrug)(shrug)(bang)(bang)

Well went into dealer today and of course the Hid install is here issue so they will not fix the fogs until hid removed. Has anybody else lost there fogs lights after a hid install.

Cheers

I got the same problem like this when I installed my HID. good thing the tech, good man that he is told mazda canada that th e HID is not related to the issue which is the burnt out BCM which they replaced. The only thing different now is that my fogs are alway on and doesn't turn off when its sunny outside (auto headlight sensor) but no complain here.

Well was talking to the tech and he said to put it back to factory spec and go from there. I personally don't believe the the hids are doing it as well but will play along and see what the results are when I bring it back to them the way they want it.

I was just wondering if anybody else has run into this problem after installing hids. The method I used to install the hids was grounding the hid ballast to a chassis ground and just using the positive from factory lamp harness to trigger the hids ballast.

Well was talking to the tech and he said to put it back to factory spec and go from there. I personally don't believe the the hids are doing it as well but will play along and see what the results are when I bring it back to them the way they want it.

I was just wondering if anybody else has run into this problem after installing hids. The method I used to install the hids was grounding the hid ballast to a chassis ground and just using the positive from factory lamp harness to trigger the hids ballast.

Seems to me like you did everything right with HID installation. I've done 4-5 Mazda 5s already and not a single one of them had that problem. I highly doubt HID is the problem. You should probably try going to a different dealer.

That fix is quite expensive so Ive been told. About 400-500 bucks cdn for the part + labor if they will not do it on warranty. try other dealers and see what they say tell them if they fix the prob you'll switch to them for all future works in your mz5.

If they do not fix it under warranty I will bypass the bcm altogether and just rig the fogs using an extra relay. Just have to figure out which wire is switching the fogs off of the stalk on the steering wheel column. I know it's the logic for the switching thats screwed up because if I just short the relay contacts the fogs will come on so it's not on the power supply side of the fog circuitry.

Back