Pedal vibration from 1600-2000 RPM

:
2008 CX-9
If any of you have an 2008 CX-9 with a noticeable vibration that you feel through the gas pedal from about 1600-2000 RPM here is the fix. I just had this addressed at my dealer and the difference is night and day. Below is a post I found on Edmunds that should give you the info you need.

Here's the definitive answer. I just bought a brand new 2008 CX 9 (March of 2009) that had the same vibration issues. I brought it to The Mazda Gallery in Norwood, MA and they hadn't heard of the problem but would investigate. 5 minutes later they came up with TSB 01-0039/08. On vehicles built after Feb 21, 2008, "The no 2 dynamic chamber stay bracket was deleted....The absence of the No 2 stay can cause pedal vibration."

The bracket was ordered overnight and it took one hour to install. Vibration is gone! Car drives great.

Tell the dealer that $1000 can buy half of the Nano car made by Indian Tata!!!

Last edited:
not so lucky in Canada. The Toronto dealer just told me the US Bulletin does not apply here. They admit the vibration is there but that's NORMAL. They asked me to call MAZDA Canada for more info, called MAZDA Canada and was told they will investigate with dealer and the guy also mention the US bulletin won't apply here...hope they can fix it at some point... :-(

Just some update, the issue was fixed after about one month...it's much better now indeed. thanks for this wonderful forum and those ppl who post these useful info!

Back