Cheap DVD RES for the 9

benben01

:
2008 MS3 GT
I bought this unit from ebay for $170ish shipped. It's a 8.5" LCD screen with built-in DVD player, MP3/MP4 decorder,AV-in/out, FM out (plays audio thru factory stereo), USB input, SD/RAM card reader, and a remote control. I am very impressed with the unit. Installation was a breeze. Took me only 30 minutes to install and wires are out of sight for a nice OEM fit and finish.

ekf8df.jpg

you need some signage with name, date, and the forum name before your thread get's locked

Dude, I am not trying to sell this thing! Just posting it here for others to see that there are other cheap alternatives to the factory RES.

nope.. If i hook up my ipod to play videos thru it, i can feed the sound thru the aux jack in the center storage box.

Last edited:
Can you post an Ebay link or atleast the details? I really like that. I have the Sunroof package so this is nice option.

How do the arms attach to the center console?
I only see one problem with it. It is sitting very low. Only 2nd row passengers can see the screen. Please post more reviews once you get to use it on the roads.

It's bolted on to the console with supplied screws, nuts, and washer. The 3rd row passenger have to sit up get to a good view. Otherwise, no compliants from the kids. My oldest usually rides in the back. He has his own i-pod so he's cool.

I am looking at getting one of these for our CX-9.

Are the speakers located on the back side of the video? If so, would this point them away from what's being watched, and towards the people in the front seat, who aren't watching the dvd player???

speakers are on the back side. However, you want be creative, you can wire the audio into the aux jack intead of FM transmission. I have it setup on mine where I can use my IPOD to play movies/video thru the player's screen.

Back