grille guard / bull bar for Mazda CX-9

9xc8002

Hello All,

Bought a Black 2008 CX-9 GT AWD with NAV about week ago. Got the windows tinted today and did the fog light mod (so that fog lights can be turned on with parking light).

Now, I am thinking about getting a 2.5" chrome/stainless steel grille guard / bull bar. But not sure how is it going to look.

Googled for the bull bars and found that there aren't many options for the CX-9. Found one from Black Horse ... here is the link:

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/Mazda-Grille-Guards.html
(click CX-9 Grille Guard)

Again, not sure how is it going to look. Please share your thoughts and definitely share photos if have got the bull bar/grille guard on your CX-9.
To all the photoshop xperts out there, see if you can render a frontview image of the CX-9 with grille guard/bull bar on and post it on this thread.

Thanks.

Pretty foggy where you live?

And a grill guard on a CX9 = ridiculous.

you are nothing, if not consistent. (smash)

unless you plan to heard cattle or drive through a forest with your 9, the only thing I think you'll be doing is adding weight to the car. the front end is beautiful as is, so personally I wouldn't want to cover it up unless there is a practical application.

Well if he lives in a rural area where there are deer or kangaroo (I don't know the OP's location) then I could see it being functional. Ramming a deer with a bull bar is much better than with the front grille.

My opinion is that if you live where you need that, you don't buy a luxury crossover in the first place. You buy something practical for that area.

That's like the people who buy Jeep Rubicons and never take them off road. Silly.

Ebay now has a bull bar for the CX9, but it would be much easier to sell if they had one pictured with it installed. Or maybe that is the reason it is not pictured.

Back