How-To Beading Intercooler Piping...

Dr. D

i couldnt believe how easy this really was... first i got a decent pair of crimpers IMG_0778.JPG and a piece of 16ga. 2.25" aluminum piping IMG_0779.JPG place pipe in the crimpers until pipe hits back of crimpers them press firmly till completely compressed and repeat all the way around pipe. IMG_0781.JPGIMG_0783.JPGIMG_0782.JPG

That is really a Great idea.
Wow....can't believe I never thought of that when I was doing piping....I am pretty creative.....especially when it comes to "Custom" tools.

Damn.

Last edited:
Whats worse....Is that I own about 5 pairs of those....Since I do wiring and building automation for a living......DOH! (beer)

naw just needed to make some room for the synapse valve and cobb SF so i cut the "S" pipe that wraps around the valve down by the fender and with my brail battery i was able to make it a straight shot to the fender i will post picks for ya later on today maybe

Great info Dr. d! Normally I do any beading I have to on a Pexto rolling machine, but most people don't have access to a full sheetmetal fabrication shop. The only thing I could think to add is to press the bead in about 3 passes applying a little more pressure each time until you get the full bead. It stretches the metal a little more evenly (important if you end up using thinner pipe), but that's just my sheetmetal background being a little anal. Still a great how-to for the community though and should provide nice results either way.

Great info Dr. d! Normally I do any beading I have to on a Pexto rolling machine, but most people don't have access to a full sheetmetal fabrication shop. The only thing I could think to add is to press the bead in about 3 passes applying a little more pressure each time until you get the full bead. It stretches the metal a little more evenly (important if you end up using thinner pipe), but that's just my sheetmetal background being a little anal. Still a great how-to for the community though and should provide nice results either way.

definitely anal, but from a metal worker's standpoint I see where you're coming from.

i hear ya i just smashed it all the way down in one shot b/c the alluminum was real easily to bend but thanks for the input.

Back