HOW TO: Wire a ProSport Mechanical Boost Gauge

AutoEuphoria

:
'08 CPW Mazdaspeed 3
This applies to the general wiring of a ProSport mechanical boost gauge. I will not cover the vacuum line routing/connection because that is covered very well in the walkthrough below

Thank you to ElBartoRex for his walkthrough and to Rotus8 for his wiring help!

Sorry, no pictures...but it follows the same procedure as the ElBartoRex walkthrough. I'm only posting this because I had a hard time figuring out which wire went with what, so here we go:

In the instructions, the wiring section says this:

Red: ACC 12(+)
Amber: Note
White: Note
Black: Ground (-)

The notes are as follows:

#1 Day White / Night White: White wire - Connect to ACC, Orange wire - Do not connect

#2 Day Amber / Night Amber: White wire - Do not connect, Orange wire - Connect to ACC

#3 Day White / Night Amber: White wire - connect to ACC, Orange wire - connect to parking lamp

#4 Day Amber / Night White: White wire - connect to parking lamp, Orange wire - connect to ACC

So that confused me. I'm no good at wiring, so I started doing my research and asking questions. Here is what I found (hopefully it helps you too).

The walkthrough posted above is a great reference for how to physically install the gauge...in fact, it's the one I used. I just wasn't sure which wire should go to which fuse.

So here you go:

If you want #1:

Red: Fuse F43
White: Fuse F43
Orange: DO NOT CONNECT
Black: Ground

If you want #2:

White: DO NOT CONNECT
Orange: Fuse F43

If you want #3:

White: Fuse F43
Orange: Fuse F46

If you want #4:

White: Fuse F46
Orange: Fuse F43

One tip is to splice one of the wires going to the same fuse as another to that other wire first, then extend that wire to the fuse panel. For example, in the #3 case I spliced the white wire into the red wire using a quick splicer, then extended the red wire to the fuse panel.

Fuse locations can be found using the documents in this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123687033

So I hope that helps. It took me a while to figure out exactly how to wire this, and hadn't seen a breakdown like this before so I figured I'd post up what worked for me.

Thanks again (drinks)

Lights off:

WhiteBoostGauge.jpg

Lights on:

AmberBoostGauge.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea...I have a sport, so no auto lights. I would imagine so, though. The F43 fuse is for the cigarette lighter, which is on when the key is turned. The F46 fuse is for the right taillight, so once those go on, the gauge switches over. So as long as everything is wired the same, and the auto light still uses the TNS relay, the gauge should switch once the lights go on.

Last edited:
Back