How to put Resisto (Dynamat) in our 5

VenomDesign

:
Mazda 5 GT Pearl White '07
Hi all, i just did this mod last week. Because my english is not as good as my french i would let the pictures speak by themsleves. (cabpatch)

Resisto013.jpg

Resisto014.jpg

Resisto016.jpg

10 minutes later:
Resisto019.jpg

20 minutes later:
Resisto022.jpg

Resisto023.jpg

Resisto024.jpg

and 30 minutes later: Applying the Resisto.
Resisto025.jpg

Resisto030.jpg

Resisto035.jpg

Resisto041.jpg

Now the front :
Image046.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image052.jpg

Image050.jpg

And the front doors:
Image055.jpg

Image056.jpg

Image057.jpg

Image059.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT TOO :D

Wow!! (bowdown)(bowdown)(bowdown)

And the difference? All that work...? And was it worth it?

I am tempted to coat the rear of our M5. It's pretty noisy at HWY speeds.
michael.

Very nice--- I'm in the middle of this myself, I've disassembled the rear cargo area, removed the 3rd seat (permanent for me) and started laying Damplifier. To me this is definitely worth it, a necessary step prior to a stereo upgrade. Plus, I found a hunk of plastic bouncing around back there, doesn't appear to be anything functional.

Thanks for the pics! A question: it looks like you've changed your front speakers to 6.5 inch. What did you use for an adapter?

Does this treatment help temperature insulation or reduce road noise or both? Why is it important to do this for stereo sound purposes? Thanks.

Does this work as well as Dynomat?

I'm partial to Damplifier by Second Skin, they make products specially suited to auto applications.

As for starting with a sound deadening project before a stereo upgrade, it depends on the car. While a 5 isn't the noisiest interior, I found the rear cargo area to transmit a fair amount of road noise, a problem easily addressed...

it looks like you've changed your front speakers to 6.5 inch. What did you use for an adapter?
OEM Speakers !

Does this treatment help temperature insulation or reduce road noise or both? Why is it important to do this for stereo sound purposes? Thanks.
Will see for the temperature this summer, but for the sounds of the speakers, this is a really good add-on.

Does this work as well as Dynomat?
If you want it to be as good as Dynamat you will need to apply 2 layers ! Still cheaper than Dynamat even with 2 layers.

Interesting... those speakers look like 6 1/2" as opposed to the 6 x 8" we get in the US--- or it's an illusion.

How dramatic was the decrease? I would be completely afraid to take my car apart like that without a step by step guide (in English :)). Also I'd need it to be a serious decrease in noise level.

You find your exhaust to be easier to listen to over distance now right?

pannels are very very easy to take apart, and but back together... just dont lose any of the pins, and you will be fine.

How thin exactly? Acoustiblok is only 1/8" thick. Dynamat is only 1.5mm thick. Don't think you can judge performance based on thickness. Only way to tell would be a pre/post installation sound level test. Then repeat with a name brand.

More specifically, can you listen to the radio at low volume at freeway speeds? I don't even try on my 5.

Latest posts

Back