CX-9 Recall - Power Adjustable Seat Safety Recall

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Just received this letter today for Safety Recall 5309B pertaining to wiring problem with the seat adjustments in the drivers seat.

Attachments

• Mazda CX-9 Recall 5309B.pdf
    713.9 KB · Views: 592
Got my seat recall notice a few days ago, and got the airbag light recall notice today. Will make an appointment to take care of both at once.

Got my seat recall notice a few days ago, and got the airbag light recall notice today. Will make an appointment to take care of both at once.

What's the airbag recall? I didn't get one of those....yet

I got the airbag light recall, but not the seat one. The airbag recall is about how the airbag light can come on when something is plugged in to the auxilliary outlets. Apparently, the airbag still works though.

What's the airbag recall? I didn't get one of those....yet

It only applies to vehicles built between 24 Oct 06 and 4 Sep 07. Certain power plugs, when inserted in center console or rear accessory socket, may blow a fuse and cause the airbag warning light to come on. The airbag system still works despite the false warning light. Mazda will install a coil harness near the sockets free of charge until 31 Mar 10. Special Service Program 78.

Last edited:
Anybody had this done yet? Did you get a loaner?

Depends on your dealer. Mazda does not mandate a loaner. My dealer does not provide a loaner.

I'm taking my CX-9 in this Saturday morning for seat recall, airbag recall, and broken gas cap tether.

I got the airbag recall done yesterday and they gave me a rental--a Chevy Cobalt. Made me really appreciate the CX-9! They said the electric seat recall did not apply to my car. I'm not sure why.

Latest posts

Back