Special Service Program notice #78

Anyone else get the Special Service Program notice #78? 2007-2008 Airbag warning light.

Curious if anyone has had the work done already, and if so, what was done.

Are you talking about the TSB?
There was a TSB on the airbag light.
In my understanding, Mazda only fix TSB when it shows in your vehicle.
Does your airbag light stay on?

BTW, today I just got a letter of recall on the power-seat.

Not a TSB. This says there COULD be a problem, if a poorly designed accessory plug is used in the center console or rear cargo jacks. IF you short the jack with a bad device, it damages the Airbag Controller and causes the light to stay on. It's does NOT affect the airbag function.

This isn't a wait and have it fixed if the problem occurs. The letter specifically says get the installation done ASAP.

I am wondering if anyone has had this done yet. I'm curious what is actually done.

Haven't seen anything about the air bag, but I did just get the power seat harness rerouted per the open recall notice. I didn't receive anything in the mail about it yet, but was doing my first oil change and asked about any open TSB's or recalls for my 08 and they found the front power seat issue applied to mine. It was an easy fix, apparently they just rerouted the harness and wires somehow. They didn't mention anything about the airbag sensor when I was in there...

Actually, it was, according to the tech. I watched him enter my VIN in to the website and the recall showed up. I just think it hasn't gotten to me in the mail yet....

I think the Air Bag light issue was a TSB in 2007. Now it becomes a recall campaign, apparently.

I received both of these TSBs in the mail (airbag and power seat harness).
Heading in next week.

Back