Mazda OEM oil filters ...

I was wondering if I could pick the brains of the experts ...

I am due for my second oil change, and I just picked up an OEM oil filter.

Does any one have any experience with using the Motorocraft replacement, OEM cat#: ZZCA-23-802?

On my first OCI I got cat#:L321-14-302-9U.

The reason I am a little worried is that the Motorcraft replacement already has an included interior filter support. Will this interfere with the filter support that the filter cap already has?

Just curious, what does everyone think about having a sticky about the different oil filters that are available and any potential problems that may arise, like filter twisting. Maybe it could be merged with the used oil filter thread ...?

Thanks in Advance

You can choose whether to re-use the Mazda filter support cage (it's not a "normal" replacement part 'cause the Mazda filter doesn't include it), or to use the one included with the new filter. Shouldn't matter which you choose.

We just got an 08 Mazda5 GT. I've done most general maintenance on our VW cars, but wondering if the Japanese engineers will have the better of me.

Mazdaparts.org has a good oil filter kit of 5 filters and a "free" oil filter wrench.

Is it worth the $25?
michael.

yup! I have not done so yet, but I will be buying their oil filter kit as well because the first and last time I did my oil change I had a hell of a time using my universal oil filter wrench to get the damn housing off. Get it.... the wrench alone will be worth the trouble. IMHO!

Back