Which rear motor mount is the best?

:
2009 Mazda3 hatchback, 1994 Mx-6 w/ a turbo, 1993 Mazda 929
I am thinking about upgrading the rear motor mount in my 09 mazda3 hatch but I am a little overwhelmed by the rear motor mount options. Which ones is the best?

So far I have seen the following ones:

TRZ "Dog Bone"

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=22_310_69&products_id=1260

AWR (Great company. I have things from them on my mx6)

http://www.awrracing.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=309

There is one more too but apparently their site isn't welcomed on here. Oh well, there is good reason I am sure.

also cork sport has inserts for your oem mount...

it all depends on what you want out of it... the dogbone i believe is a bit more aggressive then the awr mount. both project vibes into the cabin (esp with the ac compressor on at idle) i have the awr and think it is plenty for my lil 2.3l n/a motor... it was easy to install and it looks just like stock so unless anyone is really looking hard at it its hard to tell the difference between it and stock

A little cabin vibration won't bother me much. My 95 mx6 has all poly mounts.

I think I am going to try the TRZ mount since it has gotten so many good reviews and it appears to be the stiffest of the bunch.

SU RMM, Trz dog bone, AWR or CPE. All mounts are top notch so if you pick any of thoughs you won't go wrong. Currently I have the Trz dog bone and I love it.

Thanks for the help. I ordered the TRZ mount today.

How would you describe the difference that the mount makes? I can tell that the motor moves a lot because the wheels spin pretty easily when shifting and it hops occasionally.

It'll stop the wheel hop but when you first start that thing up after installing the dogbone it's gonna feel like a massage chair! Scary vibrations! Don't worry, they'll die down after a few hundred miles. They'll still be there, but not as bad.

They were initially so bad that I even contemplated switching back to the OEM mount. I stuck it out and am glad I did. Feels like it pulls harder with the new mount and I only feel vibrations when I start the car, taking off from a dead stop, and letting off the gas at speed. Makes the car feel meaner! At regular cruising speed, you don't feel any vibrations at all. I think you'll be pleased!

I am still waiting for my motor mount. Hopefully it will come soon. I want something new to play with.

How difficult is the install? I am assuming I should be able to do it without jacking the motor up or anything. Is it as simple as jacking the car up, removing the old mount, and replacing it with the new?

I am still waiting for my motor mount. Hopefully it will come soon. I want something new to play with.

How difficult is the install? I am assuming I should be able to do it without jacking the motor up or anything. Is it as simple as jacking the car up, removing the old mount, and replacing it with the new?

your mount was shipped out on the 2nd and should be there in a couple more days. :) you will not be disappointed.

it is a 5-10 minute install.

No engine support is needed. There is a full writeup on these forums. Let me find it for you.

(edit)
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123688136&page=7&highlight=HOW+TO+trz+dogbone

Thank you very much for finding my thread and posting here. I love protege garage's website and I will continue using them in the future.

Thanks for the link too. (2thumbs)

Thank you very much for finding my thread and posting here. I love protege garage's website and I will continue using them in the future.

Its what I do. unemployed and no jobs available make for a lot of internet time.

I got it yesterday. I am hoping to get it installed this weekend. Nice product.

thanks for the heads up. PM or email me or nutari if you need anything!

Back