How to remove the BOSE head unit

NYC-DE-CX9

:
Mazda CX9 GT
Hi,

I have a 2008 CX9 GT with the Bose system and although I like the sound from the unit, I just need a tad more bass than the BOSE subwoofer can provide. I plan on making a fiberglass stealth box in the trunk area with an amplifier neatly tucked away in the storage compartment.

I want to leave the factory system in tact, so I have a Navone LOC coming in the mail and need to tap the speaker lines. I'm thinking the best place to do so will be behind the head unit but just looking at it, I can't figure out where to start taking the triming off to get behind the HU.

I've searched all the forums online and nothing. Does anyone have an idea on how this is done?

Thanks!

i am far from an audio expert but, i am pretty sure people are tapping the LOC by the factory amp and not the head unit

I did read that somewhere, which brings me to another question...Where is the amplifier located? If it's easier to get to the amplifier then I'll go that route.

The switchbox and/or ipod integration installation manuals include details on removing the HU. I think the PDFs for that are floating around here.

Edit: Found the post with them. I confirmed that the Satellite and iPod installation guides both have the instructions; the switch one doesn't. Although this doesn't answer your amplifier question... seems like that's in the back but I'm not sure of the details.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton! If I can't figure out where the amplifier is then I'll start taking pieces apart to get behind the head unit and tap the wires there.

So nobody has a clue where the BOSE amplifier is located? (scratch)

I checked under both the front driver and passenger seat and it does not appear to be in these locations.

Back