How to fix front power windows can be opened from outside with Keyless Entry System

bbslin

From manual, it says that with Keyless entry system, press unlock button once, then press it again within 1.5 seconds and hold. After the doors and the liftgate are unlocked, the two front windows and the moonroof open while the unlock button is pressed.

However, my car just opens the sunroof only. The two front power windows still remain closed. Any idea, how to fix the issue?

Thanks!

I found the solution in the manua:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Make sure that the power window lock
switch located on the driver's door is not
depressed.
3. Press the switch and fully open the power
window.
4. Pull up the switch to fully close the power
window and continue holding the switch for
about 2 seconds after the window fully
closed.
5. Repeat Steps 3-4 for each front power
window.
6. Make sure that the power windows operate
correctly using the door switches

I don't a GT, but I have the touring, with moon roof. My key remote will open the drivers window and passage side window and moon roof, but will not work to close the windows. The only way it will work, is to put the key in the door and turn it to lock the door and hold it and the windows and moon roof will close. I did called Customer service and was told that the windows should close when you press the keyless lock button two time and hold the button down. I called the dealer, was told it only work on the GT models.
Does anyone have a touring model and have the same problem or maybe it's not to be on the touring models?

Help

Same for the SmartKey card. You can't raise front windows and moonroof with SmartKey card by holding down buttons. Safety concern, I think.
However, you could pull out the metal key to lock or unlock the doors. While doing that, hold the key for a couple seconds, the front windows/moonroof will open or close depending on the rotation of the key (to unlock or lock).

In summary, with SmartKey button, you can only open windows/moonroof. With the metal key, you can both close or open them.

Richardd,
The Customer Service was wrong. If you keep holding the lock button or pressed it twice, the CX9 will honk at you (basically to tell you, "it is locked, dude!!!").
I have a GT-AWD. I tried it to confirm it.

Richardd,
The Customer Service was wrong. If you keep holding the lock button or pressed it twice, the CX9 will honk at you (basically to tell you, "it is locked, dude!!!").
I have a GT-AWD. I tried it to confirm it.

I'm 1/2 throw the book and it statement, "open only,
LOLOL On customer service.(ughdance)

If you got out of the CX9 and found windows/moonroof open, use metal key to close them by turning it to lock.
My old 1998 BMW allowed users to open/close all windows and moonroof using key or remote.

Every manufacture has different level of safety concern (afraid of being sued).
It is a trade-off. Things like NAVI lockout really tick people off.

Just discovered this today. Same as my Accord, down with remote, up/down with the key. The only difference is that my Accord will do the rear windows as well. Pretty cool feature to use on a really hot day. I mostly use it when I'm running to the car to close the windows when it's starting to rain. Rather than going into the car, turning putting the key in the ignition, ect., I can just do everything from the outside.

I bought a small device for my C6 Corvette called a Window Valet. It plugs into my OBD-II port, and allows me to raise and lower the widows with my factory remote. It also does other cool things, like unlocking the doors when I pull up on parking brake one click; sounds the horn 3 times when someone tries to open the door when car is locked; drops the windows about 1/2" via remote for venting; and records highest speed/tach reached (great for when I leave it for service, at valet, etc).

Seems this could be possible for any car?

I bought a small device for my C6 Corvette called a Window Valet. It plugs into my OBD-II port, and allows me to raise and lower the widows with my factory remote. It also does other cool things, like unlocking the doors when I pull up on parking brake one click; sounds the horn 3 times when someone tries to open the door when car is locked; drops the windows about 1/2" via remote for venting; and records highest speed/tach reached (great for when I leave it for service, at valet, etc).

Seems this could be possible for any car?
Well, are you just teasing us or are you going to tell us more?(doh)

Teasing you? Tell you more about what? (scratch)
It's just that when I did a search on the Window Valet, it says it's for the Corvette and I thought maybe you knew a way to mod it for other cars!

BTW, I often wonder why vehicles that have the capability to remotely open windows don't have the option to close them ~ since more likely I'd love to be able to close the windows from inside the building when it rains! In fact, since my 9 has rain-sensing wipers, why can't they figure out a way to have rain-sensing capability to close all windows automatically when it rains? Just a thought!

Last edited:
It's just that when I did a search on the Window Valet, it says it's for the Corvette and I thought maybe you knew a way to mod it for other cars!

Nope--just wondering why they can't do it for other vehicles since they do it for the Corvette.

The Window Valet is extremely handy in my Vette when getting in/out of the car, especially in the garage. Since the windows are frameless, it gets them out of the way, resulting in less body contortion.

Back