Headrest DVD

cccx9

:
CX-9 Touring
Did anyone get a DVD Headrest system in their CX-9s at the dealer? If so, how much did you pay with installation?

I am thinking about having the headrest DVD installed. The dealer wanted $1500, but I've checked around and can get the latest touch screen Audiovox for the same price. The Audiovox uses the exact same CX9 headrests and they are very nice. The touch screen was a nice feature and my kids can set their screens individually to watch different movies, listen to CD's, MP3, etc.. My only concern was if we had a third or fourth kid in the car. I understand you can get the headrest afternarket system hooked up to the car stereo, but I need to find out more about that.

Ken

Yeah the dealer originally quoted me $1500 back in July for dual headrest w/ single DVD player and $1700 for dual dvd players. I wonder what brand they use?

A local Audiovox dealer around here quoted me $2100 for the 7" screens. That's why I went back to the dealer. Still trying to decide though.

Yeah that's a little better but at $1300 + 20 shipping + 170 installation, you're back up to $1500.

Those are a great idea, but it seems today those are almost outdated especially for the price. You can get a more versatile Ipod touch or one of those other Archos units for a fraction of the price. At least for me I think I would go that route. $1500 dumped into the vehicle will be tough to get back.

Has anyone installed these Audiovox versions? They seem really expensive considering similar kits can be purchased for < $300. I'm curious though if they have the same headrest position issues as the cheaper kits.

In a cheaper kit I was going to install in my CX-9, the posts are not angled the same and therefore the headrest actually sits about 1.5" back from where the stock headrest sits causing significant neck cramp issues while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_6617s.jpg
    IMG_6617s.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 484
My advice to anyone putting headrest DVDs in a Mazda CX-9, and probably CX-7. Go with anything other than the cheap chinese versions sold by Onfair. They are a serious hazard to both driver and passenger. Also Onfair's customer support (while decent pre-sale), disappears after they get your money. They become rude, and outright refuse to support the sale after the fact.

power akoustic 9.5 inch monitors

i just installed a pair of headrests open box b stock for 350 matched almost perfect to my sand interior and only cost 370 from audiosavings.com ordered monday had tuesday and already loving them. good people and great customer service. my dvd is slot load on the side of the headrest so you don't have to climb in the back.

Awesome, I have a few friends who have asked already where to get aftermarket DVD systems for their vehicles. I can't recommend onfair in good conscience so I'm please to have an alternate.

I'd like to see pics of the Audiovox system installed in the cx-9 if anyone has this system; I'm curious about the angle also.

I was considering the Audiovox system because of the touchscreen monitors that would match the front screen, but would like to keep the OEM angle and look of the headrests.

the angle isn't as hard as the factory ones. the screens actually tilt up and down for better viewing. all and all i think they are the best you can buy for the money. if you compare them to the quotes others were saying of 1500 dollars this is under 400 installed. the seats unzip you slide in the plug and i powered everything from the center power in the rear of the center console i did tap a accesory power from the passenger side. i will post some pics of them for others to see probably tonight or tommorow.

I'd like to see pics of the Audiovox system installed in the cx-9 if anyone has this system; I'm curious about the angle also.

I was considering the Audiovox system because of the touchscreen monitors that would match the front screen, but would like to keep the OEM angle and look of the headrests.

Bajan, do a search for user GUZ; he has the audiovox system installed and has some pics posted.

Jon

Back