Brake Reservoir Cap

My boss' wife went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change, and came back without the brake reservoir cap for her CX-9. Anyone know where to get one? Apparently her dealership is trying to charge over $100 for a crappy piece of black plastic.

In case it matters: 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring 3.7L.

Thank you!

Not sure if she can prove Jiffy Lube lost it. Worth a shot though.

Anyone else know where she can get one if the Jiffy Lube thing doesn't work out?

On an import vehicle that's only been out for a couple of years the dealer might be your only choice.

Brake Cap Help

Where are you located? I Might be able to help get you a cap much much cheaper! Send me an email......tomiller97@gmail.com.

~Todd

onlinemazdaparts.com

Authorized vendor. You essentially pay list when you order through them. (usually a 20-30% below what you would pay at the dealership)

Worried about Fluid in Engine Bay?

I would be more worried about the fluid sloshing out of the reservoir bottle and into the engine bay at this point. Is your wife still driving this vehicle? Did you cover the reservoir with anything? The design of the reservoir bottle has an inclined ramp leading up to the opening and with a hard decel I could see the fluid coming out of the reservoir and spraying around in the engine bay!! Just a warning...I wouldn't want any brake fluid spraying around!!!

Good point. A baggy and rubber band will prevent that until they get the cap back from Jiffy Lube. Personally I'd be ripping them a new one about that, but that's why i never let others change my fluids.

Boss' wife. Not mine. LOL. I personally do all my work myself, because of these kinds of reasons. Thanks for all the advise, guys. I'll see what I can come up with. Todd, e-mail sent.

the real question is, WTF were they doing there anyway? they shouldn't be anywhere near the brake reservoir! but anyway, that's what you get for a s*** ass $20 quick lube... bring your car to the dealer for an oil change FFS

the cap being off will let dust and moisture into the system... that's not good for it

Back