Xbox wont work with RSES

BIGhouse

Hi,

One of the reasons the CX-9 with the RSES was appealing was that I thought I could hook my sons xbox 360 up to it. When I tried, it would 'boot up', run for 30 secs, then power down.

Nyone have a similar experience or know whats up here?

Thanks!

Figured as much...

Jeff, thanks for the links. Interesting stuff. Never thought the newer consoles would draw significantly less power.

There is no way around this (other than buying a new xbox), right? Ive been dreaming of finishing Fallout 3 while my wife drives us to work. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking if your wife is fine with you in the back seat playing video games while she does the driving to work; she must be cool enough to understand that you need a new xbox :)

Only other options is probably a different AC inverter with more watts. It would take a direct connection to the battery and some big enough wire + fuse. You'd obviously have to make sure the end result was safe (the right fuses, isolate the engine side from the cabin side, etc). I think a new xbox is easier although it would be good to see someone confirm that the newer low-wattage one are satisified by typical car AC inverters.

-Jeff

Thanks again

Thanks again, Jeff.

"Sport Owner"...you must not have children. Hard to enjoy the car with kids barkin in your ear. For the most part, the RSES is a "child pacification system" so their parents can enjoy the amazing car. Not that I wouldnt want to play a little xbox or watch a movie on a long trip. (yes)

Take it easy

Hey "sport". The subject of my posts was a request for help regarding an issue I was having with my rear entertainment system and my xbox. I am glad I got help with that.

From you, I got something else, "I can't imagine ever wanting to play video games in the car. Or watching TV, for that matter." When I responded with some humor (smiley), you questioned my parenting style.

What did I do wrong here?

Lets stay on topic here. You guys can start a thread in the off-topic section if you want to debate parenting styles.

Back