CAI on 5GT Auto

dima_rus

Does anybody here have CAI on their 5GT Auto? Was wondering if there is any difference in performance and how is the sound of it?

Thanks in advance

Dima

dima_rus

Hey yeah I have my Fujita f5 CAI on my 5GT. I do notice a difference in performance, and the sound is good to. here is a pic

Attachments

• PC090023.JPG
    PC090023.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 268
Thanks,Yeah I got mine at Speed Concept our local shop. I paid $200 and installed myself, and also yes its an auto.Also if ya have anymore questions just let me know.

no, no more questions, thanks for your help though. Now I have to find a place I can buy F5 intake for $200CAD and I'm all set :)

Installation is a piece of cake, I've done it before, I'll do it again. All I needed to know is that it actually does something on cars with auto tranny

no, no more questions, thanks for your help though. Now I have to find a place I can buy F5 intake for $200CAD and I'm all set :)

Installation is a piece of cake, I've done it before, I'll do it again. All I needed to know is that it actually does something on cars with auto tranny

I believe fujita is CAD 240 @Pacific Mall

thanks man, I'll check it out

I'm thinking of taking off my Fujita so I'll have a used one for sale if you're interested. I've had it installed for about 2 years with no problems.
My daughter is taking over the '5' as of May so I'm taking off the CAI and the springs and returning the car to stock. She hates the noise and the stiff ride so off come the mods.
Let me know if you're interested in the used Fujita CAI...I already have a buyer for the springs. The CAI will be available at the end of February.
Regards,
Anthony

I'm thinking of taking off my Fujita so I'll have a used one for sale if you're interested. I've had it installed for about 2 years with no problems.
My daughter is taking over the '5' as of May so I'm taking off the CAI and the springs and returning the car to stock. She hates the noise and the stiff ride so off come the mods.
Let me know if you're interested in the used Fujita CAI...I already have a buyer for the springs. The CAI will be available at the end of February.
Regards,
Anthony

can you please PM me the price?

Regards,
Anthony

Anthony, are there any draw-back's about going with a used CAI? I'm looking for one too so if dima doesn't take yours I may be interested...and I'm about 15 minutes away from you! Furthermore, I never ended up driving your 5 this past fall. Work was insane between September and December for me. Did you already put the suspension back to stock?

And lastly, does that mean that you won't be around here anymore? You buying a car to replace the 5?

Anthony, are there any draw-back's about going with a used CAI? I'm looking for one too so if dima doesn't take yours I may be interested...and I'm about 15 minutes away from you! Furthermore, I never ended up driving your 5 this past fall. Work was insane between September and December for me. Did you already put the suspension back to stock?

And lastly, does that mean that you won't be around here anymore? You buying a car to replace the 5?

Hey Katner, I thought you dropped off the face of the Earth. Good to hear from you. I bought this CAI used from a fellow on the forum about 2 years ago and didn't have any problems. You probably may need to change the filter element as it's been on for 2 years. Pop over and take it for a spin when you have a chance.
The suspension is still lowered, I haven't decided when I will put it back to stock as this requires some $$$.
Give me a call.
Anthony

Shoot, I buy used CAI's all the time. No difference as long as all the parts are in tact and functioning. Might have some wear and tear but nothing more than what you would do to a new one in time... Save the money, go used.

Hey Katner, I thought you dropped off the face of the Earth. Good to hear from you. I bought this CAI used from a fellow on the forum about 2 years ago and didn't have any problems. You probably may need to change the filter element as it's been on for 2 years. Pop over and take it for a spin when you have a chance.
The suspension is still lowered, I haven't decided when I will put it back to stock as this requires some $$$.
Give me a call.
Anthony

Ya my work intensifies with significant changes in global economic conditions, and we mainly play European currency markets, so go figure, I feel like I'm living life upside down. But that sounds great. I'm in Edmonton until Tuesday. I'll give you a call mid-next-week if that's cool.

And hey you never answered my other questions. You going to replace the 5 for your personal vehicle?

Is it just me or it really feels like I lost hp other than gain some?
Does anybody has dyno before and after CAI?

Thanks
Dima

Back