Who took their 2006-2007 Mazda5's in to get the suspension fixed?

simonnyc

I'm thinking about bringing my 5 into the dealership to get my suspension checked out due to the crunching noises in cold temperatures. According to Service Bulletin 02-001/08, my car is eligible for this service.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/mazda5/bulletin/02-001-08-1918.pdf

Has anybody here taken their car in for the service? A part of me doesn't feel like bringing my car in if it's going to be a big deal.

For those of you who brought it in, was the service center pretty open about the fixing the problem or did they try to act like there was no problem?

Has anybody here taken their car in for the service? A part of me doesn't feel like bringing my car in if it's going to be a big deal.

For those of you who brought it in, was the service center pretty open about the fixing the problem or did they try to act like there was no problem?

Mine's in the shop right now. No problem getting them to do it, just brought in the TSB.

They had to order parts so they are putting me in a rental...

Just got our 5 back after four different trips to the dealer over two months that finally quieted everything down. They didn't need the TSB, they knew about it. In the process I had the front stabilizer bushings, then the rear stabilizer bushings, then finally the left rear strut replaced. Interesting thing was that I took the car in originally for the left rear clunk and they kept not hearing that. Instead they heard other noises, found bad bushings all around, and replaced them. Fewer noises, but left rear clunk persisted, and finally l I took a tech for a drive to demonstrate the clunk. It still took them two days to figure out it was the left rear strut, mostly because there was no visible signs of failure.

Squeaking is not my problem any more because it rarely gets cold enough here in Arkansas to duplicate what we used to hear up north, and we only had the squeak under 10 degrees. We had clunking and rattling instead.

Got an appointment next Monday, had no problem with the dealer. They knew about the problem before I even opened my mouth.

Got an appointment next Monday, had no problem with the dealer. They knew about the problem before I even opened my mouth.

Took mine in today for the 3rd time since I've had the car. The dealer told me that there is a new bushing available and that's what they're using.....(yawn).
Personally, I think that any material other than polyurethane will most likely have the same problem over time. I know it's minor but it's a real pain in the arse...what happens when my warranty runs out?

We haven't taken ours in. It's a couple hours to the nearest dealer so that's a major part of it. I know what it is and that it's not harmful, so I haven't much cared to arrange to take it in. Do you all think it's worthwhile enough that, in another 100,000 miles or so if we decide to replace the car, prospective buyers won't be scared off?

How long is this taking for others?

I brought my car in for the TSB yesterday. They ordered parts, which haven't come in. So I might get the car back tomorrow. I'm at a loss as to why they needed to order parts after I dropped off the car, as opposed to when I setup the appointment.

But it isn't that bad, as I have a '09 Mazda3 as a rental.

Took the car in today and got the front and rear bushings replaced. The rep said they used the 4th generation of these bushings....Hope Mazda got it right this time. The car feels great with the new bushings though.

Based on my experience with my Mazdaspeed Protege (and now with my new MS3) I wouldn't bother because the sound will just come back.

If people are taking their car back multiple times to get this resolved, is it even something worth spending my time on to get fixed?

If people are taking their car back multiple times to get this resolved, is it even something worth spending my time on to get fixed?

I'm still under warranty so I'll be taking it back until the warrantly runs out....Doesn't cost me anything.

I'm still under warranty so I'll be taking it back until the warrantly runs out....Doesn't cost me anything.

Except time which is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh and each time you're trusting they put everything back together as good as new.

Except time which is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh and each time you're trusting they put everything back together as good as new.

My dealership is 10mins away from my office so it's very convenient for me to drop it off...and they pick me back up afterwards.
In fact yesterday when I went to pick it up there was a 2009 Mazda3 in the showroom. What a fantastic car. The front take a little getting used to, but this car will be a hit for sure.

Took mine in for what I thought was a battery issue and ended up getting all of the bushings replaced :) As well as a new right rear strut, which was leaking but I couldn't tell because we have had the snowiest January on record here and my garage floor is basically a ceaspool of salt, grime and other car drippings. Also, they replaced the rear control arms with adjustable ones from the MS3 that is adjustable so that it stops chewing up the inside of the rear tires :) All around a great situation.

Almost groundhog day.. No squeaking noise since they replaced/lubricated the stabilizer bar bushings in November. I think stabilizer bar bushing lubrication will be part of this vehicle's seasonal 'winterization'.

Also, they replaced the rear control arms with adjustable ones from the MS3 that is adjustable so that it stops chewing up the inside of the rear tires :) All around a great situation.

You're kidding!? They did that under warranty? How do I get a dealer here to do that for me?

.. Also, they replaced the rear control arms with adjustable ones from the MS3 that is adjustable so that it stops chewing up the inside of the rear tires :) All around a great situation.

Is your 5 lowered? I find it hard to believe!

Back