COBB or Hotchkis sway bars whats better?

BLACKOUT

:
Mazda 5 touring
Hey guys wanting to know which one would be better Cobb or Hotchkis sway bars. I want to get them here soon but all I see is a price difference so far, and if you do the sway bars either Cobb or Hotchkis do you need to the endlinks or do you think you will be fine without doing it, I seen on an website they said it would be good to do. here is the website http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/60-1154b.html so any help would be great thanks

It is hard to said which one is better... they both been around for a while... both made in U.S.A... the size of the bars are the same... by the look of the pictures, both bars look the same... The only big different is the color, one is blue and the other one is red...

i use the hotchkis bars, they perform great. i have heard good things about the cobb bars as well and sell a good number of them.

Yup! COBB bars are doing a very job on my 5 too... I got mine from P.G.

Oh! BTW, I don't think you need to change the endlinks, since both are designed for using the stock endlinks... and if I am correct, if you use the set from Racing Beat, you need to buy their endlinks because the holes on their bars are larger.

Last edited:
Rather than start a new thread about this...can I just ask how many of you have felt noticeable downsides from sways? Such as feeling the road bumps from one side of the car on both sides (ride harshness), and the wobbling effect on the rear of the car? Just curious because I think sways could really benefit my driving style.

the hotchkis front bar used to clunk when i hit real deep or harsh potholes and bumps in the street. i got under there and greased up the bushings and tightened everything down, so for the most part thats gone. i would not say the ride got any harsher. the control got vastly improved :) add in lowering springs and you have a nice combination.

Thanks Captain KRM P5 and king57721 for your info on the sway bars but i do go one more question about sway bars. Now what would be better a smaller solid bar that is around the factory size or just a little bigger or a larger hollow bar like Hotchkis or Cobb.

Hey guys one more question when i do order the sway bars for the 5 i'm going to be ordering it for the mazda3 right??? and would it be for the 4 or 5 door mazda3 or does it make a difference?

Thanks Captain KRM P5 and king57721 for your info on the sway bars but i do go one more question about sway bars. Now what would be better a smaller solid bar that is around the factory size or just a little bigger or a larger hollow bar like Hotchkis or Cobb.

go with cobb, and yes order them for a mazdaspeed3 or mazda3

Back